Sunday, September 11, 2022

We Didn’t Eat Cake!

Yesterday I got up, again ran to  the patisserie, and managed to eat another croissant and lovely cup of coffee.   Sheryl and I went to the market on Cours De Vincennes near our places and it was lovely.  








We commented on how different it was from the one in Bellville and it is!  Everything is presented much nicer, the area is cleaner and taken care of.  I succumbed to a purse! The same color as one I have at home, but this one is SO much better, it opens up like a wide mouth bass! So I can see everything inside.  Mustard Yellow, a good color for fall, my only other option was orange and I am just not much of an orange girl.

We bought some cheese and a puff pastry with  a mushroom creme sauce in the middle and a melon!

We came back to Chez Moi (my house) and had lunch.  


We had those puffy things (there is name but it escapes me), cheese and meat, and fruit, including the melon! It was fun to actually have someone here and get to show her where I am staying.  

We cold not linger as my Marie Antoinette cooking class was at 2 and I really like an hour to get where I gotta go.  (I just smelled a waft of Brie as I am sitting here writing, someone must be eating a San dish out on the street. I just love many of the smells of Paris, and some not). It was so fun, the chef, Sara, was a hoot.  


Luisa was there again,


and she is lovely, and I get to practice my Spanish!.  There was a youngster on my right Ashlyn,

she too was lovely, and the others were too, I just did not interact with them quite as much., I do remember their names, Michelle from Israel,

Barbara who claims to be homeless, they travel, Luisa,

Victor and Olivia, a long distance love affair, and Ashlyn.  



We baked Coffee Flavored Chocolate Tarts ( which I am snacking on as I type) , Fig Macarons, Chou pastry filled with Rose Crème, Raspberry Jam and Marscapone Crème, as well as truffles, and Passion Fruit Jellies.   It was lovely and we had a blast!





When I got back and rested a tiny bit, Sheryl and I headed out for a bite, We took a fairly circuitous route and  


 Was mighty hungry!  I think Jodi would have been asking me if I were hungry!  LOL.  We did ally stopped at a place that ran rather a bar with small plates ( I think we were the oldest people there).  We had an Eggplant dish, Sheryl liked it and a Duck dish, I liked it.  I officially do not like eggplant.  We walked back of course and by bedtime I had put in 16,000 steps.  No wonder my left leg felt fairly useless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment