Friday, September 9, 2022

Classy Cookin and beautiful moons.

Cookin with Class is indeed a classy establishment, my experience here was totally different than the Sauce class I  took before. 



 The only difference was the fellow classmates and they were amazing both times.  I signed up for this class because the one I did a few years ago with la Cuisine, was not really  a hands on thing and I have never replicated any of them.



  I opted to give it another try as I love eggs Benedict, and Bernaise on my steak.   I blame my love of sauces on my Sjjogrens, and it is probably accurate, but they also sure add something to a plain piece of meat, vege or other dish.  Like my Chicken from last night!  The funny thing is i usually have the ingredients in my fridge but still opt for a package, no more!  


We did several sauces Bordelaise, sweet and sour *,  Hollandaise and a Maltese ( Hollandaise with reduced OJ)*, Mayo,  Sorrell Sauce *. Maybe more I forget, as you can see by the start I had favorites.  The chef teaching our class was aghast ay my question as to why we had to reduce the wine before putting it in the stock pot,  (my method,  which seems to work just fine) and proceeded to tell me why it was not a good idea.  We all participated in the whole preparation and at then end ( I do have to say that this guy could multi task!)  Chef cooked Salmon and Chicken  which we used along with bread to taste out sauces.  I might have liked the bordelaise sauce better if there had been an accompaniment,  so maybe worth a try.  


A volute/soup of fish , it was good.. 

We shall see  later.  One of the girls in my class is going to be in my Marie Antoinette class and she was fun, so I am looking forward to that. 

I moseyed home, still not feeling we all and probably not helped as CWC is also generous with wine at the tasting. I had this little goodie, left over from the other class going on at CWC


So I tried to take a nap,  but people kept calling me, so that was an epic fail.  Sheryl and I went to dinner, tried Polidor, I swear they have moved into a smaller place, and Boullion Racine and neither had  a table. 
The Parthenon


 So we wandered tend found a place, I had gazpacho, and  Chevre  with toast, just the thing.   We got tickled at the use of the trash can and street for an extension of the Restaurant, the waitress who waited on the folks in this pic was a piece or work!

I got up this morning feeling better, grabbed a goodie, something new, a torsade (Twist) with chocolate and almond. It  was good.  Then I read the news that the queen of England had died, Sheryl said it was lovely that she died with the beautiful moon we had last night. I have never really been a Royalty person, but it made me feel a bit misty. 


  I got tickled at the pastries on offer this morning.  Ramona, you know what I mean! 


 Off to Belleville Marche.

No comments:

Post a Comment