Saturday, September 3, 2022

Caught Unaware

Paris, I am finally BACK!  Getting to the airport. Three hours ahead of time allows one more than plenty of time to dine on expensive bad food.  I opted or pulled pork accompanied by seasoned fries.  The menu left out the description of the serving of oven grease that was to accompany it!  I finally understood why they are called French Fries, the French simply do them better! 


 The pulled pork was nothing to write home about, but nothing to grumble about either, it served its purpose,  filling and killing time.  

At O’Hare they called me to the desk and my heart started thrumming, I was hoping, Hoping, HOPING, and they moved me from a middle seat to an aisle seat. Oh well,it was a step, however small, in the right direction….   Dinner, oh, they had plenty of wine, that is all I can say for that.  I felt like I didn’t sleep well, but I must have because it was over quickly.  I got too watch a the Downton Abby movie, this, over Eiffels Tower as I didn’t have the right distance with my readers to  check my French with the subtitles.  Maybe on the way back.  


Regardless, immigration was a breeze and I got to the house an hour early and surprised Martine a bit..  She was not dressed quite yet.  Nothing like greeting a new person in your undies!  But hey, I am. Nurse we roll.   So, I dropped my bags and went to the bank, and to the restaurant on the corner and got coffee and a croissant.  


IT WAS HEAVENLY.  We have a new “French” bakery at home, and it is good, but not this kind of good…. It is just because I am in Paris and not in Greenwood Indiana?  Qui Sais (Who Knows-see even that sounds better)?

After we got things worked out, primarily she gave me a refresher on the coffee maker, and we chatted a bit, Martine went her way and I went to the market, and eventually to MonoPrix for a treat for lunch and supplies for tomorrow.  The market fills your senses, even with a mask on.


We have totally ruined French Culture, first it was MC Donalds, and now it is Chicken Tenders!

Mono Prix, well I felt like a kid in a candy shop, but I was good!  :)  Back at the ranch, oops, Masion,  I am unpacked, and making this my home for 2 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment