Monday, September 5, 2022

Not a Servan Virgin any more

I woke up this morning at 10:00, very late for me, but I had trouble falling asleep last night and read until about 1:30 AM, so explainable, that and Jet lag ( its not really lag and I went ahead but anyway…).  Jodi asked me if I had not done my usual routine of getting up earlier and earlier, I fear I did not and am paying the price. Regardless, it is a luxury to not feel frantic to do and see the things I want, I have TIME!  Breakfast was a Fig bar from the plane and a fabulous  cup of coffee!  Off to the Art store today as it is supposed to storm (I think the storms from the states are headed this way)  and I may feel the need to dine  at  home tonight. 

Well the weatherman lied, but we will get to that!   I headed off towards the art store, but lunch first.  As I headed to lunch I saw this pancake sign for a store that sells only frozen food, Picard.  


It is the second time I have seen Pancakes here now,  The other was a restaurant by the Eiffel Tower where people were lined up 15 deep to dine on pancakes. 

I am not sure where I found this little gem, but I had an amazing lunch.  I want to go back for a repeat, but maybe not, so as not to break up my little love affair with it, just in case it does not live up to my first time.

Regardless the place is called Le Servan and it was relatively near Le Grant Des Beaux Arts, I  got a table outside and was in a great place to people watch.  I ordered the Ravioli and it was amazing, a but 4-5 inch spinach ravioli with a  small egg in the center, swimming in an amazing sauce with 2 fried sage leaves.  I have a penchant for fried sage leaves, I am just saying….. 






I ordered a fig and honey tart with Crème Fran’s ice cream, and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally I buckled into my Americanness and asked, she had forgotten…. It was good too, imaging sour cream ice cream, whch may sound like Mr Yuck, But worked really well with the sweetness of the tart. 


Then I wandered towards one of my ideas of heaven.



I drooled and looked, and drooled some more,  but stuck with some paper, Neutral Tint paint, somme watercolor crayons I have been eying (cheaper here in Paris to begin with AND on sale!) and a kneaded eraser in a case.  I have learned a lesson about those erasers and it is the case that keeps them supple!  Oh, the damage I could do with a couple of grand in there.  I moseyed back as it was supposed to rain and storm today, but by the time I got back, Weather.com said it was not going to rain.  This is my house: ( At least for 2 weeks!)

 So off I went to Le Flore en l’Ile.. There was  a lovely park, more flowers, and more fake flowers.


One can see Norte Dame, barely through all the scaffolding.



 It was a lovely evening, I ordered Tartare de Boeuf, FRENCH fries, and a glass of wine.


  It was delish, though  the fries were not what they were lat time.  Am I making this up in my head?  And see why I don’t want to go back to Le Servan, what if its not as good?  Decisions, Decisions!  As I was dining on my yummy Tartare, it started to sprinkle, then harder so the waiter moved me under the awning, and then it opened up. 

 I was sitting by a lovely couple from Orlando and we chatted a bit.  So I stayed for desert, 

 Pear and Raspberry Sorbet, an awesome mix if I must say so myself!  Finally it let up and  I made my way home.  Not without more flowers though!




No comments:

Post a Comment