Monday, September 12, 2022

Squeaky Clean

This morning Sheryl and I decided to go to a Hamman, I NEEDED a massage and had read about these.  Jodi and I considered, but never got around to it on previous trips.  It was amazing.  We got there , checked in, picking out what we wanted from a list of options. 

 We were served Mint tea, which i have avoided my whole live because I thought it was disgusting. Well let me tell you…… Yep I am a believer.  While we drank our tea there was a short info video, which helps us neophytes, and then we were ushered back to a changing room.  We were given a robe, a small towel and rubber slippers to wear and offered panties, but we declined.  First was a Shower with Black Sea soap, and then the steam room, followed by a hot table. After a bit of relaxing there we were grabbed and grommaged (scrubbed)  and then sent out to the sauna, and back to be mudded up and let it rest for a while.  Then another shower and oiling followed by a massage, one of the best I have ever had, and another rest, and then shower.  It was amazing.  I would totally recommend it and will do it again if and when I//We return.  

Sheryl had to go to the airport to meet a friend, and so I went to find some lunch, ( one can dine at the Hamman too, we chose not to)).  I stopped in a crepe joint and had a potatoes and reblochon galette,


that came with a salad.  It was good. The reason for a photo of half of my food,ever, is I was greedy, and ate before photographing the food!

 I was near the Cluny so thought I would go to the museum and see the Lady and Unicorn.


Apparently some unicorn dance going on and we would have only 1555 minutes to see it.  I did not want to rush or be rushed after my morning. As I wandered I was yet applied at how Americanized Paris is becoming.



 I went instead to Luxembourg ( I forgot it was Sunday) and it was packed, but I found a resting place,


I knitted for a bit and I read, and people watched, until I needed to get back,



clean up and wait for dinner.  I always have to have a look in the Orangerie at Luxembourg as there is usually a free art exhibit there.  To quote my momma, Different.  But the Chrome one grew on me.  ON the way back to the metro there was this writing on the walls.



And as I headed into St Suplice


I remembered that there was a Parisian version of the Garage sale going on, I casually groused for a few minutes, but I had no cash ( or very little)) on me so I didn’t look seriously. 





While I was waiting at home I had coffee and the chocolate tart from yesterday, it was still delish!

this is the Rue du Pensionnate, the house sits on a corner and this is the other street. It’s my shortcut street to the Metro.




Sheryls friend Kathryn is here and we all went to a place called L’eglantine for dinner.  Katherine is nice, very interesting and we had a nice meal.  I had Margaret and potatoes that were amazing followed by caramel glacé, that too, was amazing,.

No comments:

Post a Comment