Saturday, September 10, 2022

Definitely not Kansas Anymore

 9-9-2022 pt 2


We went to Belleville this morning, one of the places “Common man”” had been pushed to because the rent is so high in center of Paris.  It was not “Kansas anymore”  for sure. 






 Not cared for, crowded kind of sad to me.  

The market was crammed full of people, one elderly lady rolled her cart over my foot, she apologized  and her husband gave me hell for being in her way!  Rather interesting.  Didn’t buy much, A cute little backpack for Sami.  I looked at dresses, but the markets are not what they used to be in the way of clothing. Jodi told me to buy myself a dress but I am thinking she is going to get off the hook on that one!  Sheryl saw a church steeple and wanted to find the church, we wandered towards it




and she wandered around and I sat and contemplated the construction then and now, why we construct and its purpose.  And felt a bit sad as todays construction is just not built to last in my opinion, just like the things we pus are most often not meant to last either.  

We found a cute little restaurant, we chose it because Sheryl thought the pillows on the seats looked cozy. And it had started raining.  It was an interesting meal.  Started with a Tomato and mustard tart. 


 I always forget to remember that I DO NOT like  baked tomatoes.  I like fresh, sauce, stewed…… but somehow I do not like the texture of baked tomatoes.  Regardless it was interesting, to quote mother……….”Different”.  Our main though was to DIE for.  A piece of beef with an amazing sauce and a Celeraic purée.  I have tried purchasing celery root in the US and what I have found was like a piece of wood, so it was a REAL treat to have this accompany my meat.

That part of the meal was delish!  We decided to have coffee and dessert, I was forgetting you don’t get them together.   Dessert was another rendition of Mirabelle (I tried to give them another chance) and neither of use really cared for it.  

Our coffees were cute as heck, 
and our bill was reasonable for the experience!  I would definitely go back.  Marchon at 161, Rue Saint-Maur 

Back to the Masion to rest a bit b score dinner. We had agreed we would go to G. Detou to check into the vanilla thing, they had it available now! AND i bought chocolate for croissants!.  Then I got to carry it for the rest of the evening!  We went from there to St Suplice as we had tickets to the Requiem.  It was a trip. The music meh, but the people were amazing!  

The bald guy played what his entire body


We dined at a little place we stumbled on, not a do over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment