Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Wandering in Delight

I got up, had breakfastSheryl was busy so I decided to go over to the fifth and wonder around hopefully end up at Senellier at the end of the day. But then I remembered that I had not yet been to the Centre Pompidou so I headed that way.



 







I learned a valuable lesson there and that is,
  dear fellow artists,  each and everyone of our artwork is worthy of being hung in that museum.




So we need to take pride in what we do and know that we are just as amazing as those artists. To be honest some , o.k. Most, of our work is even better!


That said I got bored when I hit the 60s and left. I’d did have the most amazing vistas of Paris!
  I went over towards Notre Dame wandered around sorrowfully. I ended up at a restaurant

where I had Italian/American food but it was delicious I had a salad

spaghetti Bolognese

and a tart tatain

in which
  the apples were caramelized perfectly it was an amazing pie but I didn’t have room to eat it all. Then I wandered towards the fifth and  found that one of my favorite l little hotels seems to be closed.




Sherrill was wanting to have, or at least talk, supper by now it was time to start considering dinner, So I made a reservation for us at the Machon Du Henri, just around the corner form Bistrot Su Henri,
  a brother restaurant to the bistro do Henri and I just kept wandering.

It was so nice. We eventually met up outside the church of St Germaine where I had gone in to sit down and have a moment.


I did have this one insane moment I had wanted to paint and there was nowhere to sit,
  thinking I might paint the church. But Sheryl decided to meet me for a drink so that caboshed that.  Deux Magot is right there so I had a glass of Sancerre and she had a glass of Perrier.  Her Perrier  was almost as expensive as my wine.

They brought a cute little dish of olives and munchies along with it. Then we met up with Katherine went to the restaurant. It was not the best experience I’ve had in one of Henry’s joints.
   



We shared Fois Gras, and it was good (How can you mess up Fois Gras??) but it was served with ground pepper and I like that little bit of goodies on the side.  I had  duck but they brought it cooked almost done so that’s sort of messed up the whole thing as they were eating and I was waiting, then I was eating they were waiting.  No dessert, well then wandered towards Pont Neuf where we had the pleasure of enjoying the night air, each other’s company, and eventually the twinkling of the Eiffel tower.


This morning I got up after a pleasant nights rest and went to the bakery where I got a mini pain au chocolate and mini croissant which quite frankly are probably the right size

  for me the whole time I’ve been here!
HEre is the view form my bed


Senellier must be left for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment