Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Learning to Nap

This morning  I got up late after not sleeping well last night, lets just say I think I have dined on my last steak tartare.  I had to meet Joseph, the Paris greeter assigned to me., at 10:00.  One applies on line with some info and availability and a volunteer will propose a tour.  Sheryl went with me so he was a bit surprised, but all went well. I had just a cup of coffee and was off.  Sheryl and I met the the metro station and went to The Marais to meet him.  He took up all over, to places I had not been, some I had but his perspective was interesting and  he was a kind interesting person as well.  


This is part of the original City Wall



He toook us to Saint Gervais, it was interesting as over time due to war the windows have been replaced and there is a mix of the old and the modern
This is were we ended up later after he recommended it, Sheryl had a croissant with spinach for breakfast as we walked and she suggested we return, food choice!
I seriously identified with this sign!

A recommended Pizza Place, A cherry on the Pizza, hmmm?

This mid evil building ( Half Timbered Jodi!) turns into a place to Swing at night, it looks so innocuous. 

Madame su Sevigne’s place, a way to get into Place to Voges.

After we parted from Joseph we had a quick lunch ( by Paris standards) in the place du Voges and  then started walking .




The most expensive restaurant in Paris, no prices on the menu!
I found a ribbon/yarn shop, it was a delight!

We went in here, the door was open, and got kicked out!, but Sheryl got a pic of this guy literally watering a rose. 
There is a Museum of Victor Hugo on the corner of Place du Voges and we dropped in, it is free.  We could not imagine having the rival edge of living here. 

  I wanted to see Nina Kendosa, it is gone, and Sheryl wanted to see a store called Free People.  We met the most delightful young woman named Clementine, who worked there.  She was lovely, I could not get over how much she and Ilieana looked a like.  I showed her a photo and she too was struck.  

After we went back to a place Joseph had shown us for a coffee and a goodie, sort of a hunk of chocolate mouse in a chocolate shell.  Pretty yummy.  






It started raining while we were there and when it let up we went back to Place du Nation and our separate ways.  I took a mandatory nap and then started considering  dinner which I decided should be Bistro L’Estrapade.   I had a repeat of their Ravioli au Gratin

and a Chicken in cream sauce with spinach.  

It was delish, too much, I should have forgone the ravioli, but I just can’t get it all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment