Friday, September 16, 2022

Funny Stuff

Today started off with a trip to the post, where it was another fiasco.  I got there & a different lady said “why do you have this box?”

 I said “it is not the box that I wanted however it is the one that your colleague wanted me to buy.”

“Oh no, no, no, that is not the box you need”,  so in the middle of the post office I had the pleasure of unpacking my box and repacking it. I had spent three euros on that lovely box. But at last I got it re-packaged all the paperwork done and sent. It only took about an hour and a half. From there I went back to pick up my notes from cooking school because I had left them there and I really wanted them. And from there I went to the first andriossment looking for a store called Ultra Mode.


It is a hat shop on one side of the street, and a sewing store on the other.  I was looking for silk ribbon. Apparently people don’t use silk ribbon on hats because they had none. It was time for lunch so I stopped and had the special of the day at a little restaurant (I don’t remember the name of it)

The closest thing can come to is maybe a sirloin and fries with a Roquefort sauce it was delicious.  As I proceeded to find a store that allegedly had stamping stuff that store was called Carre d Encre I ran into the Opera, which someone paid BIG money to have an advirtsment. 



The store was a paper whores dream!


However they really had very little to do with rubber stamping. They didn’t have any silk ribbon either.  I stopped for coffee at Illy after declining doughnuts in Paris at this cute little shop.


I did stumble on a perfume museum, which was fun and I succumbed to a bottle. 
A travel set from the 1800s, called necessarie.

A performers organ, funny, I thought it was their nose!  

Pretemps has some serious neon flowers, I bet they are cool lit up at night!


I took the Metro to the Tuileries,



(These kids were all over and gave me flashbacks to the drawing workshop I did in March)



and walked across  to the Seine and across the Seine to the Senellier store!  It was heavenly just to be amongst all that art stuff!  It is really odd though, I brought all my art stuff and have not picked up my brush once.  I am not sure if it is all the running with Sheryl or what.  Maybe when I get home!

I have to say the mayor has really encouraged bicycles here and they are s pedestrians nightmare,  the little bastards just creep up on you silently.  I have about gotten plowed several times.  


I crossed back to the right bank and walked through the entrance area to the Louvre, everyone was taking pics, using perspective.





Dinner was at L’’Ange 20 again, and it did not disappoint! Peach Kir tonight, (isn’t that AKA Bellini?)  Fois Gras and Toast with onion compote, Veal in a mushroom sauce, potatoes and green beans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment