Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Fontaine(bleau)yellow

The temptation every morning



Sheryl and I had discussed going to Fountainbleau and discussed if we wanted to do a paid to or try to do it on our own. We decided it would be more adventuresome to do it on our own. It certainly was.  Figuring out how to buy the tickets or how to get there was quite a challenge. The way is to buy your ticket in the metro and go on the RER however that was not clear in the instructions that I had found. You must go  (or is you arrive on the metro you are there, find a ticket seller) basement where the metro station is and tell the agent that you want to purchase a ticket to Fontainebleau.   Honestly I think our Navigo passes would have worked however in hindsight I don’t know that for sure.  We then had to go to the train platform, find “M” and put our ticket through.  Pretty easy has we had good information to begin with.  It was a pleasant 30-45 min ride.  Regardless we got there found the bus from the train station to the  Castle. Katherine got sidetracked by a market, Sheryl bought a couple pair of shoes, one of them I almost subscribed to my mother‘s philosophy of shop off of the the person (She once said at the airport, back in the day when flying was a big deal and people dressed up, I would like to take that green suit right off of that lady), and wear them myself they are so beautiful! We then walked a bit,  had some lunch (Japanese food). I tried eel for the first time ,  NOT my cup of tea, I wonder if I would have liked it better I hadn’t known it was eel.   Regardless, I didn’t enjoy it at all and it was kind of hard to swallow.



But the rest of the rest of my meal was OK and off we went walking to the castle we had been informed that the castle itself was not open but the grounds were so we decided to still wander and see what we could see. The grounds were interesting first of all this statue/fountain has some interesting action going on with the dogs,  wonder who decided that one.


There were big gardens to the north, I think,  of the building that were lovely the flowers were beautiful



and there was of course a grand Canal which was kind of fun to see. We had a coffee and then we wandered around a little bit more and actually ended up then in these entrance of the castle which was also quite beautiful it would make a nice Cinderella story obviously.






A bad selfie, I just cant get the hang of it!

 We then took the train back and Catherine suggested cooking because she wanted veggies and while I wasn’t all excited about having another vegetarian type meal.  I did  want to spend some more time with Katherine and Sheryl so I came back Martine had left a bottle of Cremant,  Burgundies version of champagne.  So I got that,  some of the Brie, ham and salami , and I grabbed that a baguette ( I can not tell you the sensation of holding that soft, warm, fragrant baguette, it was……..) from the local patisserie and take it back up so I don’t have to be totally vegetarian and we had a lovely meal together the food was good the company was good and the apartment is just a cute little place.



She is very close to me about two blocks away and I felt safe walking home from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment