Sunday, September 4, 2022

SOME things never change!

On my way to dinner last night I noticed a few changes, Some Grafitti at the crapped up metro station here my place, 



 Flowers all over a bistro, 


And interesting Perfume. 


Dinner last evening was at an old favorite, ,L’Ange 20  near Place Du Voges..  I stopped in a little before 7 and they were open and had a place for me.  I started with a Kir, 


and Fois Gras with an onion chutney and toast.  

It was followed by duck breast and potatoes and a little salad with a nice Bordeaux.  

It was as good as I remembered.  Too full for dessert I went to the Bastille to have a scoop from Amorino, but they were not there,  however there was another Glacé joint in its place, called  (drum roll) the “Glacé Room”. I had a scoop of salted caramel and it filled my desire for an after dinner sweet.

This morning I got up and my patisserie was not open! So I wandered around the corner looking for the first thing that popped up and honestly it was not great, but it did the trick along with my imported banana and some coffee.. 


You can see my kitchen in the back of this Photo, it truly is the beginning of the current Tiny House trend.


 Off to church, arrogance is never my friend ad I did not take a map and finding the American church was a bit of a trial. I got there late, just in time to hear about the last half of the sermon, communion and pray.   Never again can I cop an attitude at a late arrival during service, who knows why they are late?

After I did catch a glimpse of my girlfriend and she is still LOVELY!  


I had read about people putting flowers on restaurants and I am running into them right and left. 



 They are kind of fun, but I wonder how they will look in a year or 2?  I wandered toward my Girlfriend and dined for old times sake at a bistro that Teri and I dined at out very first trip here.

I had a croque monsieur, salad and orangina.  So I moseyed over to the Champs du Mars, where it is all crapped up getting ready for the Olympics. These French! 

 I found a perch in the shade and knitted and read a while. 

 Finally I moseyed to the other side of the park towards the metro and a Monoprix, I wanted ( and found) another plug for my technology.  Foot sore I returned to the house and rested, Martine left me somme wine so I had a few pretzels ( also imported - there were dire warnings about not getting fed on the plane) and  a glass of wine and rested my poor feet.   

The metro is a spaghetti bowl of lines that run from one end to the other, back and forth.  They are numbered and you know which way to go as the terminus at both ends are listed, For example last time I was here the terminus for line 4 towards the area of town I wanted to go was Porte De Orleans, well not any more.



They have apparently updated safety measures too as I see a lot of barriers not that have nothing to do with Covid!


Dinner tonight was at Bistrot du Heni, and he too had a place for me.  I am being a bit of a stink, I know, not getting reservations.  I also arrogantly asked for the French menu.  It is written daily on a black board.  The problem is that  I could nor read the writing, not the French, the writing!  I had to laugh when the guy next to me asked for the English menu and even the writing was different! Regardless I had a fabulous salad, the melon was literally to die for. How can simple cantaloupe be so darned good here, and so  hard and tasteless at home?


I also had Duck Breast in a honey sauce that with augratin Potatoes.  My duck was a mean old man, I tell you, as it was so fully gristle I didn’t finish it, but the potatoes were heavenly ( I don’’t’ even really like potatoes all that much).  Maybe I should take a potatoe class here!  It was dark by the time I left and I took the metro home.  Dessert was a glass of water and some M&Ms also bootlegged!

It is nicely cool with the windows open as I write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment