Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Starry night, But not on the water

This morning we ate light, a “small” goodie and some orange, of course coffee for me, but I think I forgot my sugar.  We went to Les Grant des Beaux Arts to shop for art supplies, via the bus.  I think I am liking this new adventure. Claire seemed to like the art store, It is a wet dream for me, I just want to walk around and touch and feel and BUY!  I bought some new


Bamboo paper to try, and another pad of Watercolor Paper that I can’t get at home. Also some brushes

and a couple more WC crayons and Micros were on sale so……..Then it was time for lunch.  We Went to Le Servan with reservations and we had the nerve to show up five minutes early.  Too funny they asked us to come back in 5 minutes.  So we did.  The food did not disappoint, at least not me.  







I had a lobster ravioli, the same darned sauce I had last year, fried save leaves and peanut chili sauce.  Claire asked me if there was lobster in the ravioli, and I could see it, but would not have even cared as the flavors were melting around in my month.  It was wonderful, I felt like Snuffles 

AKA a very happy girl ( dog).  Claire had a cooked red pepper with fromage blanc, which looked good.


For dessert I had a Fig tart with blackberry sorbet, and it was amazing.


  Feeling pleasantly full the Atelier et Lumiere we had tickets for was only a block away so we walked right in (early) and actually found a seat. Van Gough was the afternoon show and it was fun to see after seeing the special  Starry Night exhibit at the D’Orsay .





  It always amazes me how they project the images everywhere, even on the floor!  Lots of people compare it to the Lume, but it is just not that. It feels different somehow, maybe the venue, maybe just being in Paris, I don’t know. 

We took the 86 bus back and rested some, though today was not as energetic as the last few days have been, it felt good to slow some.  

WE decided to do a cruise after dinner. Le Petit Prince of Paris had been recommended on one of the boards I frequent so, there we went with a reservation for 7:30.  There were two people there and they tried to set us inside, which was charming, but very chaud (92degrees here today) , so I asked to be outside.  This put the guys nose out of joint.  We ordered a pre fix of Fois gras, We waited and waited, and waited.  Claire can now say she tried it, barely.  We both got a pork dish with mushrooms, lardons and sauce, accompanied by au grating potatoes.


And we waited and we waited and waited.  Finally time for desert, maybe we can make the cruise, and then we waited and waited.  Claires apple tarte with Carmel ice cream was good,, but still……..We got out of there after 1000. I am used to taking my time with dinner, even the service being slow possibly passive aggressive, but this was just folie. No cruise, tomorrow!  On the way back we asked directions from some lovely young people, who not only told us where to go, but also walked with us to the right spot.  They were so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment