Monday, September 4, 2023

Another Hot One, But We Smell Good!!

I woke up this morning and had a look at the weather and it gets grimmer and grimmer, I think next trip October 1 instead!  So 87 today expected high but the three days after in the 90’s and I am so sweet that I MELT.  Just going to have to try to play it cool!

This morning we went to Fragonard perfume museum


and did a little make it yourself course.  It was pretty fun!  We got a mini lesson and they we got to make up our own perfume by mixing 3 prepared notes.





I had been to the museum before but not done the class, and in doing the class I also got to smell  a bunch of their perfumes . 

 She told us about each perfume as we got to  breathe it in.  Needless to day we are coming home smelling prettier!

From there we, it was lunch time after all, went to Galleries Lafayette and tried to have lunch on the top terrace, without reservations pas possible.  








So we went to a little cafeteria the floor below and I had a cauliflower soup (which needed some of mom’s secret stuff)and salmon rillette, it was yummy. The. best way I can describe it was sort of like a thicker salmon salad, cold and creamy.  But I was glad I bought a roll to go with the salmon as the “”toast” that came with it was tough as shoe leather.  However on the roll, scrumptious..  Claire got a cheese burger and fries. 

After lunch we shopped around Galeries Lafayette,



Claire found a cute jumpsuit, it they did not have her size. I am thinking we can find it though,  Maybe at Printemps.  

After we left Galeries not really any poorer we went to the Palais Garnier, AKA Opera Garnier.


  It is not called the Opera Garnier any longer as the Opera has moved to the Opera Bastille  (a big huge ugly building) and the Palais Garnier is mostly for ballet now.  I am constantly amazed at how things here change, though it had been a minute since I was there. 
I am not sure what wizard decided it would be ice for Marc Chagall to paint the ceiling, but…….



 It is ornate and beautiful, SOMEDAY I want to go to a ballet there. 

We came back home and I managed to fall up the stairs, feeling like a fool, leaving a bruised middle finger tip, and one on my knee, but in the big picture…….   All I could think of was this is not going to be good for our trip if I have jacked up my knee.  We rested at home for quite a while and decided on a place for dinner, Brasserie Rosie.  We both had beef steak with bernaise, frites and a glass of wine.  




It was excellent.  Dessert was not so much, it was a Almond Molleux with Apricots which I thought interesting, not so much.   

I am so proud we rode the bus both ways to dinner, a Parisian first for both of us. I did snafu a bit a couple of times.  I tried to get off when the bus was at a stop light, but nothing like bumbling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment