Friday, September 15, 2023

18336

Well I have.  managed to out do last years step count, and I felt it!  I had to come home and have a nap!

I sure enjoy the yogurt here, I am not sure why but it is different.


Regardless we took the Metro to Palais Royal/Musee de la Louvre and began our treck.  We walked around the Glass Pyramid


and Tuileries,





over to the left bank to visit Senellier (oh noooooo)




and back to the Tuileries to the Rue du Rivoli to have some Angelina Hot Chocolate only to find a line a mile (seriously a city block I think)  long, Mai Non! Which made me crabby but still.  We walked until we came to the Orangerie with some help from security.  Memory is a funny thing as I would have sworn it was on the right side of the Tuilieries. However I was wrong it is definitely on the left side. Speaking of which some Americans (they sounded American and they wanted Basket Ball Courts) asked for directions, little do they know……

The  Waterlillies were amazing! And it was nice to just sit and look at them, especially after. Just having been there








We strolled up the Champs Elysees and  dined at the ubiquitous tourist trap, though for all my cynicism, by Chicken Caesar was good. 



 Claire liked her ravioli.  The Arch d’Triumph loomed in the distance and the steps facing me loomed also.  We paid our admission and the lady said we could ride the elevator, we suspect it is because of Claires hair color, but who cares, I was dreading those steps.  It was lovely at the top and we moseyed around and took some pics.  







We took the metro back and I had to have the aforementioned nap, and then dressed for dinner, it is cool enough to contemplate that now,


Thank The LORD!  We had some wine and cheese before leaving for “Oh My God She’’s Parisian”, a comedy that was pretty funny.  

We both really enjoyed it.  We were s bit hungry and shared a pizza at a South American pint in the middle of place de La Republic.  

It was yummy and just right.  It was loud and Spanish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment