Friday, September 8, 2023

Baked Croissants not Baked us!

We had a simple breakfast of yogurt and grapes and headed out for a lengthy bus ride to Cookin With Class, for a croissant baking class.  The class took place in the basement, and it was blessedly cool.  I did a croissant class in 2009 with Pino at CWC and have been cranking them out since, but Claire had not done one.  I thought, “what the heck, I might learn something”, and I did.  We did their normal class of back to front. By that I mean we started it the end process of rolling out the dough  





and making croissants


, pain au chocolate

, pain au raisin





( and chocolate!)  and Kougin Aman.  Then we made the original dough, and finally did the second set.

  I learned a few things, and maybe will try this chefs recipie, it uses cake flour rather than bread flour, we shall see…..  That said, I had never had a Kougin Aman, and let me just tell you………Yep, Snuffles.






  Also the pain au raisin that we did with cinnamon and chocolate was fabulous!  We had breakfast for lunch at Cookin with Class


and then took the bus back in the heat!  After that we had a quiet afternoon.  For dinner we went to L’Ange 20, one of my favorite places and after Henry’s craziness maybe my fav.  Same waiter and bar tender, it was fun to be back.   I had foie gras with basalmic glass and onion compote accompanied with toast

and Clair had a goat cheese baked in puff pastry.



  Our mains were Margaret du Canard for me and  Fondant of Lamb for Claire. No dessert, I was stuffed. We walked a bit around the eastern Marais including Place du Voges



and got to see a flyover of colored smoke for the Word Rugby competition,

of which we are hearing something.  Cheering sounds like they are doing a “wave” somewhere near.  The flowers continue to be discovered, this one reminded us of Barbie Pink.


  And we have noticed that a lot of women are wearing dresses., one third to half! 

Last but not lease, some graffiti.


Bed time as we have an early morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment