Thursday, September 14, 2023

Shopping, Shopping & Shopping

Today was a “work day.  We got up, shared a Almond Croissant and went to Le Post to buy a box to ship stuff home.  Dropped the boxes off and went to the Blvd Richard Lenoir Market near the Bastille and I FINALLY found my rose colored purse! Oh, and a red one too!  Oh the leeks, and Leeks and more leeks.



  I actually found a package in a grocery store the other day that had the green cut off, Oh, how happy that would make me!  Claire was on a mission and she accomplished that so off we went to the Lingerie store! I have a bra that is staying where it belongs and is the right size, at last!  Well……I have 3: red, white with tiny black polka dots, and purple.  The lady was so helpful, nothing like we faced in the other stores we tried..  I have it on as I type as I just had to wear it to dinner, but I digress.  We came back, packed our boxes and took them to Le Post to be shipped home.  I manage to fill it up so well, it is hard to remember everything when I have to do the customs form.  We then went to Printemps so Claire could try on an absolutely adorable blouse she had spied, it is going home with her.   We decided maybe we needed more space so we went to Passage Jouffry and

Panoramas after purchasing a larger suitcase.
  We had Tea at a cute little place called Victorias,



a Pate Grevin &
  Coffee for me and Maracon for Claire. After meandering some through the Passages (these are covered alleys that were really the first shopping malls back in I the late 18/the early 19th Century) before coming home and spiffing up for dinner.  Pascal advised to try a Boullion Parisian and then I looked it up I knew (and had dinned in one before) one, so I tried for reservation and they had none, BUT they had Bar Racine next door.  It didn’t look so hot in the website, but she indicated that they had the same menu so, we tried it. 

 It was actually charming in an art nouveau sort of way and the food was fabulous.



Veal in a morel mushroom sauce with birds tongue pasta (looked like orzo to me, but it was actually tear drop snapped).
  We shared an Opera Cake for dessert.

  The bus ride home was pleasant and it is time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment