Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Ahhhhh

This morning we got up with the roosters and headed out to Versailles Chantier.. I learned a valuable lesson.  There is a “N” train from Gare Montparnasse that is a straight shot to Versailles AND it was air conditioned.  Sigh, you live and learn.  We got the car with no problem other then I could not figure out reverse, but after a quick demo from the Avis fellow, we were off.  

Giverny was a hit, I think!  

My favorite pic of the day I think, courtesy of Claire









The abundance and variety of flowers and the color palettes were absolutely lovely.











  The Lily pond was its own “”cambient” ( changing) lighting as the weather went from partly cloudy to threatening.  









It was lovely and we sere spared rain until the bitter end and we were SO fortunate to get a seat on one of 2 sofas in the gift shop on which to rest until the rain was done.   Monet used my brand of paint too!


We ended up buying an umbrella with te water lilies on it after much grumbling on my part. 

We had lunch at the impressionist museum, French Onion soup made with croutons and finely shredded cheese……And this apple crepe with caramel.


We drove from there to Benoville to see Pegasus Bridge and had a obligatory coffee at the Gironde cafe.




  That lady is SO crabby, I wonder how she gets out of bed in the morning.   AND she is crabby EVERY time I have been here.  I am constantly amazed and the changes and improvements made to this area every time I am here.  In Arromanches the tide was way out and one cold really see the mulberries.  








There are new displays that help show the obstacles that the soldiers faced.

Claire had to smell something good after all the sad.


Our room is great, in a charming old home and cute as a button, with a great bathroom.  It also has a lovely garden.  



We walked to dinner by the park across from the B&B,, Le Petit Matin. 


Dinner was at a place the BB fellow recommended, right by the iglese.




I had steak with bernaise and Claire had fish and chips



I had coffee and caramel glacé for dessert, the caramel was delish, the coffee, not so much, but who needs the calories after all?

It is MUCH cooler and more comfortable.  AHHHHHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment