Wednesday, October 16, 2019

These are a few of my favorite things.

I thought Quarante was a small town, and it is a quinsential village.  Sort of at the end of the road, but it is charming and our Bed and Breakfast is also charming.  We met with Nicola and had dinner of a carrot, onion and Brussel sprout quiche, and a salad, bread and plenty of wine.  I took a shower, yes a SHOWER and went to bed.  I willingly gave up baths for a week to do this class!



We had breakfast in the dining room, full spread of breads, meat, cheese, some fruits, yougurt and coffee.  Then down to work, I worked on drawing a couple of cups and saucer, and a sugar bowl, it is harder than it seems it should be.  We had a break for coffee on the back terrace and back to work.Then moved on to an olive tree in e pot, much more fun.  Lunch was a green salad and roquefort with the most lush ripe pears and roquefort.   We had sort of Swedish meatballs and root vegetables for lunch.  Lunch was delish.  Painting résumend and then it was an apple and pear from the table , which was very fun.  We had a break, and  Jodi and I read and messed (me) with personal e-mail, the blog,  and reading, while sipping a glass or rose.  Dinner was a salad with thin slices of small cucumber and pomegranate seeds for the dressing. WOW, I have had pomegranate seeds before and thought them like eating rocks, these were delicious, crunchy but chewable and the perfect juxtaposition to the salad!  We also had a stew, roast beef, potatoes and carrots accompanied with a green bean salad with onions and walnuts.  Jodi got falafel which I had to try too and it was very good with the jus and root vegetables.  We had an awesome red wine to accompany our dinner. Dry, noter y and velvety, ahhhhhhh.   For dessert we had a piece of chocolate tart the cooking class made and cheese after.  I am certainly in a happy place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment