Monday, October 14, 2019

Dilemme 1 conqoured and on we go.

Denonville
So the trip did  @!;^!%@;;#* not begin so auspiciously.  I did not request seats because the last few times, I felt I had wasted my time and we did not get the seats I had thoughtfully requested.  So I am a busy woman, and apparently, if the Stews attitude last evening was anything to go by, a irresponsible one as well.  So Jodi and I sat in different rows.  The Stew was not interested in assisting to resolve the problem, nor were our seat mates.  The trip was a cold, uncomfortable one, fortunately I did purchase a new neck pillow at the airport, so I could use the airplane pillow as insulation for the frigid plane wall.
Arrival was chaotic in passport control, and took forever but we were entertained by a charming 2 and 1/2 year old child named Daniella. Then getting the car took a bit, and it had damage, which took longer and then the GPS (Jodi’s ain’t sucky map reader now) only spoke Italian and while I can sort of make it out, I was not in a hurry to struggle with Italian, a stick ( which is sort of like riding a bike) and driving in a different country.  
We are driving a grey peaugot SUV (France size) and it is a cutie.  I have always wanted to drive a smart car here, but not bad enough to bring the tiny amount of luggage that would require.
We made it fairly easily to the B and B in Denonville, and it is a pretty amazing place.  Imposing building that is still the working chateau.  









We drove to a nearby town to get some cash from an ATM and scope out where we will have dinner.  The litle, town we are in is about 30 min from Chartres but  we’ll go to a closer town Auneau, as we are both tired and I prefer easy for that.




On the way we saw a huge area of chickens and Jodi wanted to stop, it turns our that is an automated version of a country market, you can purchase eggs, potatoes, notions or garlic straight from the farmer at this quite little hut.
Our room had a huge shower in the bathroom, a canopy bed and a living area.  I am currently sitting the the “living room” of the chateau having an express and cookie while Jodi naps. 

 I am watching a bee like i have never seen before in the windowsill. 
Dinner was at Le Crepescule in Auneau, I had a goat cheese, honey & duck breast crepe and Jodi had pizza.  Mine was wonderful, and then we shared a apple and salted carmel crepe.



  Auneau was 9 Km away and we were tired, no wine for this girl, I was afraid I might not make it home!
I slept well and contrary to my fears of being cold I was cozy, even hot.  
Breakfast this morning was a orgy of breads including American pancakes, cheese and meat, grapes, OJ and coffee.  The French guy who ate an American pancake out about a quarter of syrup on it and ate it like one might pick up a sandwich to eat it. 


 The room was amazing and the company all French.  I was rather excluded from the conversation, nothing like being terminally American, but I could understand the vast majority of it.  It is frustrating to be listening and not have time to look up the word you don’t understand.  Jodi was continuing to rest so it was just me and the other guests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment