Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tasting it all

Jodi opted to sleep in again and off I went to the market near the house.  It’s a good one, about 2 city blocks long, a cacophony of stimulus for the senses.  I breathed it all in as best I could, how do you revive a quickie later?  There were the usual suspects, though the change in produce was interesting: new pointy broccoli-cauliflower thingies,

figs and plums, lovely multicolored tomatoes,


lots of root vegetables, the  fish guys, the butchers,
cheese mongers, bakers, clothing and
miscellany guys.  All carry their own color,
smell, feel ( well I am not so sure about the produce - you DON”T touch the produce here- or the meat and fish!), and even sounds.  I bought a couple of croissants from the baker in the market, but note to self, the ones from the boulangerie are better.  I really didn’t buy much, just gazed and breathed it all in.
Jodi was up and moving, so I threw breakfast together, yogurt ( I had pear YUM!) ham and cheese for me, the above mentioned croissants, OJ and coffee.  
Also I had cut open a pomegranate.   Jodi decided to learn how to do this properly via U-tube so now I am a pomegranate( AKA grenade) butcher extraordinaire.  IT is really easy with the right education.   
Off we went to the EIffel Tower, found a bench in the sun with a good view, 


 sat down  and I knitted and Jodi read.  It is amazing I watched a Japonaise family getting their pictures taken in full regalia, a Muslim family across from us dumped on a park bench, children playing, dogs running around sniffing and doing doggies things.  The downs of many languages floats on the air and warms my heart, oh that we could all get along that well universally.
Then we stopped for a coffee where there was a FULL American Brunch on the menu.  I had to laugh, bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.  Then to Monoprix I wanted some more reusable bags., Jodi more soap.
Next on the quickie around Paris was Luxembourg gardens and our beloved Medici Fountain.  Where we sat and people watched (I knitted of course).  
Jodi chatted up a guy from Serbia (Georgio) that had run out of energy and she is very in touch with that issue, so she shared, Some Indian fellow approached me and started talking, a young guy, in PAris for am on the.  I turned him on to Rue du Princess as there had been a gazillion young people on the street talking and drinking when we left Bistrot du Henri.  And then there were these 3 young women that just made me laugh,
they were taking pictures, posing, kissing the air, swinging their hair, and looking sexy.
  I tried it for Jodi, but just looked ridiculous, not sure if I am JUST not sexy or if I am just old.  It made me laugh though.  Then was the walk to pay our respects to Notre Dame.  
It is all cordoned off and the park behind is totally taken up with temporary trailer-office edifices.  We wanted to see my GF from Pont Neuf so we went there and I got a bit irritated, there are “artiste” hawking their wares there in the bench areas,  One guy asked if I wanted to look or buy, and I said no I WANTED to SIT.
I am all for those folks along the river, streets, etc, but really taking up space from people who want too gaze longingly at my GF and wonder ad the glory of Gods sunset?  Yep, I was irritated.  We found a place, hunkered down and Jodi played with her camera as the day drew to a close.  The sunset was a beauty, and my GF she winked at us!  I tried somme more sexy moves to no avail.






All that irritation made me hungry so off we traipsed to Le Flore en Isle.  We got the same irascible waiter service ( I think they put on a “Waiter” show for tourists), and sat by young American who will be studying law at Notre Dame so she knew where Indiana was!   I had Tartare de boeuf, it was delish ( but I paid a serious price - though not so serious as last year) Jodi had the French onion soup, which was delish.  I just know.   We moseyed back to the Hotel Du Ville and caught the metro home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment