Thursday, October 17, 2019

Ridges, Vines and Celeraic

Day 2 breakfast the same, Nicola and I went out to try to sketch as that is me weakness, to a cute bridge over the Canal Du Midi,



 But it was so cold and windy that after I had sketched it we went back to the B and B where we had coffee and began drawing and painting leaves brought by Evelyn the other student on Monday.    Nicolas rendition was much lovelier than mine, and very different in nature.  Such is artistic licence, I guess.  We had salad ( with more of those surprising little pomegranate seeds)  and sliced meat for lunch accompanied with cheese and wine.  We painted some more and then had coffee and left over chocolate tarte, I could really appreciate the chili in in this time.  Yummy!
The are beautiful, lime green and red with lovely blue berries on the stems.
Then we painted until time to wrap up.  Jodi and I snooped around Quarante a bit














and then had a lovely dinner


of broccoli and almonds with a egg cheese sauce, and chicken for me


and sautéed celeriac for Jodi.  Annika had saved truffle butter from the cooking class for us and we had tiny little tastes of all different kinds of truffles (with a key). And for dessert truffle ice cream and truffle Carmel. 
 Nicola and Annika joined us and we had good conversation. Jodi  had seconds!
Jodi read all day, it is always fun to see where I am going to find her.  We both had a successful vacation day!

No comments:

Post a Comment