Saturday, October 22, 2011

Make up











Playing conference goer and tourist has left me a bit boggled. IT is really Saturday morning and if it were not for the photos that Jodi is taking and their congruity, I think I would be totally lost. Wednesday morning I left Jodi snuggled in bed and went to my conference. The conference I am attending is the International Association of Forensic Nurses, which is held each year in a different location. Last year was Pittsburgh, and next year is Puerto Rico! I have been really looking forward to this year because Montreal was on my list of places I wanted to visit, mostly I think, because of the French Influence. And it has been a good venue, but the ONLY a good thing I can say about the food at the conferenc this year is that the croissants at breakfast have been quite good. Beyond that, well, Yesterday I didn’t even let them leave the plate of fish, rice and beans in front of me. And as people picked bones out of their mouthes I was glad!

Wednesday while I was in conference Jodi played some with her camera and I LOVE the shot of her looking out the window with her image embedded on the exterior scene.

While she was photoing, I had an abysmal lunch of vegetable soup that was so thin we all added S&P, followed by a lovely but equally tasteless ravioli and ended by a artful but also worthless caky-pudding thingy. By the time I got out of the conference I was starving and feeling pretty guilty because Jodi had gotten up in the middle of the night at ate some ritz cheese and crackers we had purchased. Because she so rarely gets excited about food it was back to Le Papillion for dinner.

Some musings on the way to dinner: I got one look at the Champs du Mars here and thought ok Dorothy you are definitely not in Paris! There are some other lovely thoroughfares though that we encountered on our way to dinner. Also some interesting displays such as the one this restaurant had up for Halloween! Maybe a little frightening to the kiddies? She had her bruschetta and pizza and I had one of the offerings of the day which included soup or salad. The soup offering tonight was a apple carrot soup, which Jodi said tasted like baby food, and I had to agree as the apple was much more predominant flavor. But my entree was good, it was a pork roll with blueberries and cranberries, in a delicious sauce, accompanied by potatoes, charmingly carved to resemble mushrooms, cauliflower, asparagus and carrots. It was very good. We wandered a bit on the way home, but drizzle was once again the atmospheric message of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment