Sunday, August 15, 2021

PAris (KY) Encore

 Saturday 8-14-21

This morning Breakfast began with a baked pear with walnuts and butterscotch sauce. It is as heavenly as it sounds!


Course 2 was a bacon and spinach quiche, accompanied by hash browns, sausage links and tomato.  The quiche was amazing of course, I am not a potato’s fan but who needs hashbrowns anyway.  


We packed up and headed out passing the grapevine that is a descendant of the original grapevines of the Engadine Inn.


  The original owners made their living by producing wine until Prohibition.  I had trouble this week getting my mind around a government that could pass a law that your business was illegal and then just raid and destroy it.  I mean I understand if you intentionally set up an illegal shop, but for it to be o.k. today and not tomorrow seems a bit autocratic.  This is what happened to this property.  

Regardless this place was a do over! I even wheedled some recipes out of Rick!    I already have the ingredients on my Jungle Jim’s shopping list!

We arrived in Paris in a downpour and read in the car for a while while the clouds got the water out of their system.  We  checked in such as it is and then went to dinner at the Pizza place which is under new ownership still good, just not quite what it was.   It is called Rustica and also had Italian dishes as well as pizza.  But we did not get hassled by the owner over wanting what we wanted rather than only the options on the menu.

Sunday 8-15-21

We read after we got back to the room, we carried in a camp chair as there was only one chair in the room we were staying in, though I think the other one only had one comfy chair as well.  

This room is cute but tight, I would not want to stay an entire week in it like we did last year.  I had the idea to come her in the bath tub a few weeks ago.  With no real plan, other than to not drive the entire way home yesterday, I was in the bath tub.  I have babied the bar of Bourbon soap i took home from Art on High B&B, along this entire year and it was about a half an inch tiny sliver and time too throw it out, and I thought:  If we stay in Paris again I can get another soap, I can say we went to Paris again and we can dine at Lil’s and even maybe get the above mentioned pizza.  Problem solved.  I got on line after checking with Jodi and made reservations.  What I did not take into account is that last year we left on Saturday, not Sunday.  By the time we rolled into town Lil’s was closed and not open on Sunday.  :(.   The soap in the room, while lovely Apricot scented soap, is not what I had hoped.  I could not figure out the breakfasts this morning, ( It is a self serve deal which worked well for us while under the extreme concern for COVID last year) Last year there was a card at least with the day of the week and corresponding breakfasts offering on it so I had a guide, but nothing.  Also last year there were these delicious Bourbon molasses cookies and none this year.  So it is coffee and hope for something along the road for breakfast for me.  ( I spied a donut shop last night on the way into town…..) The day is cloudy.  I am banking on a good time in Jungle Jims which is where we are headed

No comments:

Post a Comment