Friday, August 13, 2021

Frocks and French

 We started off slowly today, we went to Cheap Joes and I found $60.00 more of trouble to get into.  


Then Jodi wanted crushed ice and we went on an ice safari, ended up in West Asheville.  What a cute little berg!  I wish I had known about it sooner.  Hmmmm.



Anyway we FINALLY found her ice, and headed back to Asheville proper and to …..April Cornell!

I tried on over a dozen dresses, the didn’t have everything they have in the catalog there is still a hold out but I counted my pennies before we left and I didn’t EVEN be that naughty!  






Jodi sat in the convenient couch and read and I motored through trying on, considering, looking at the pics she took so I could get a second opinion.  

Then we stopped for a goodie, she had Birthday Cake gelato and I had cocoanut.  « It was not Coldstone Creamery » and she is not fond of sprinkles but she finished it!



  Mine was good, I sure would do it again!

Then we found Toms Shoe store, I tried on a few items, but no go.  We wandered a bit for out 5:15 reservations, and by golly they mean 5:15, not anywhere before!  Regardless they had a daily item on the menu that was tempting to get rather than the Tartare, but that WAS why we were there.  So I got it, and it was ( to Co-opt Jodis comparative abilities) not Le Fleur en Isle, but it was good, I ate it all!  






The wine I had with it was like drinking liquid velvet, that perfect embodiment of dry.  Sigh.  

Now we are back on the top of the hill at the back of the B&B waiting for sunset with a glasss of wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment