Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Brevard was a washout!

Today. Armed with instructions from the B&B owners we headed off to see some falls, darn it! We found the parkway and traveled and enjoyed and enjoyed and traveled.  Until that is I was concerned that we were going to be out of fuel. 







 So we went to Wayneville (which I learned at breakfast this morning has a great antique store.), got gas and headed to Brevard never finding Looking Glass Falls.  The parkway is just that  no gas, food, or houses, an occasional park station and there was one hotel.   I think but it would have been a honey to stay in,  overlooking some beautiful scenery.  

The Trip from Wayneville to Brevard held a surprise as it was there that we found Looking Glass Falls.





  It was nice, but crowded as folks were swimming in the creek just below the falls.  As we left we laughed as there were some BIG drops of water desultorily hitting the window and wondered what all those folks in the creek were doing.   Just as we arrived in Brevard, after I had declared myself ready to dine again, the Good Lord opened the flood gates!  We pulled over, it was SO bad.  



At last the rain tapered off enough to be able to see and we pulled into town I had a rather Bloomington (IN) feeling about but we did not find a place to dine, they were either not open or closing.  One coffee shop told us we had 9 minutes or we cold take it to go.  I had to laugh, we wanted out of the car!

So we drove back to Asheville and hit up French!  Needless to day I was in heaven.  Steak au Poivre, with a Cahors Médoc. 


 Call me Happy.  Jodi had the Boeuf Bourguignon .  

She is so smart, she told me that mine is better! We walked a bit after:







We drove back to the Engadine Inn and walked up the hill and watched the sunset, not a thriller but still.  







Breakfast this morning was a peach and blueberry cobbler, that was amazing, the toppings was mostly brown sugar and oats.  


I am not sure what they did to juice up the fruit but it was amazing.  Tom ( one of the owners) said that they like to serve dessert first.  This was followed by eggs Benedict and who can go wrong with that?  

So now I have a full belly ready to face the day.  I am terrified of what my scales are going to say when I get home.  

I noticed a pattern of china in the cupboard very similar to mine, but after discussion it is Noritake, not what I have.  Momma, eat your heart out I have been dining with this stuff every morning too!




No comments:

Post a Comment