Saturday, August 14, 2021

On the Ridge

After an amazing breakfasts of a baked apple with yogurt and home made granola, with agave nectar,  it was delish!


Followed by A twist followed by a ciabatta in half with refried beans, salsa and guacamole accompanied by sausage patties and tomatoes.
  

It was very good, and again I could not eat it all.  

We decided our last day should be relaxing , and we could find an overlook and hang.  So off we went, back to the ridge to the East, looking, looking looking for a pull out.


  Finally  I needed a bathroom break, and we drove all the way to the Ranger Station where we had watched the sunset a few nights before, and there were Porta Potties.  They were a disaster, nothing else to say.  Just a disgrace, but later we ( short sighted one me to say the least) came back due to urgency and found a decent bathroom attached to the Ranger Station. 

We went back to the Mt Mitchell overlook and I sat up painting shop and Jodi read. 






 I just do not have the skills to look and paint like I want to do.  But I tried.  It was pleasant in the 70s and  partly cloudy which aids the temperature control.

After the second foray to thee Ranger Station we wend the other way on the parkway looking for new scenery for me to « paint ».  On the way we encountered a Momma & two cubs.  We had to have a go back and snap a pic. I am thinking maybe a WC project.



  

We moseyed to the South and stayed long enough for us to dine elegantly on ham and cheese, and for me to produce yet again another poor WC and watch the Sun Set.






No comments:

Post a Comment