Thursday, May 31, 2018

Wet Washed - Day 5

Still not feeling quite normal I slept until about noon got up decided I better do something with my day and not sure what that was gonna be looked at my handy dandy little planning book and decided to go to the Atelier de la Lumiere. 
I was thinking maybe I was a bit hungry though so I decided to stop for lunch, pizza sound of the best me that’s never hurt anybody with my situation so I stopped and had  ham and mushroom pizza,
pretty good the owner was not very happy that I left half of it but I was pretty pleased that I managed to eat half of it. From there I went onto the atelier, it is currently hosting a exposition of new stuff and it was very interesting. It is a old foundry that they have cleaned out and placed lights all over so that there are reflections of surrounding movie in the entirety of the building except for the ceiling. Klimt came to my attention when I watched a movie about the niece of one of the sitters and the Gustav Klimt painting that had belonged to her family and they lost it in the war and she wanted to back.  It was a very good movie, Helen Mirren played the niece. 
And so I wanted to go to the exposition, it was amazing and I would do it again.
It was $14 maybe $14.50 I bought my ticket ahead online and I walked right in.
There was no place to set though so if you are a sitter there were maybe a dozen places to sit in the entire place. 
From there I went back to the apartment tried to refresh myself a little bit and it was about time to go to my first painting class. Finding the Atllier de La Villa Bastille was a bit difficult however for once my daddy would have been proud and I was early,  rue, Charenton sort of stops and starts, bit once I got there I sat down and had a glass of white wine while I was waiting. It was a bit difficult to get in as we had miscommunication about when I was doing classes so he was not expecting me, there was a door code and I did not have that like code but once I got there everything was good.  The painting class was interesting in that it felt like a step back he had me doing washes, 
wet washes,  trying to plan colors and he’s not easy to please however I enjoyed the class.  Halfway through everybody takes a quick coffee break,  then everyone goes back to painting. There’s a young woman in class who is from Sweden it’s very interesting to me how similar to German Swedish sounds but she’s very sweet she’s also a beginner so we have that in common after painting class I left it was just starting to sprinkle and THEN God opened the floodgates by the time I got back to the apartment I was wet all the way to my skin not a very comfortable way to end the evening even my watercolor paper was damp in a little curled fortunately my phone stay dry

No comments:

Post a Comment