Sunday, May 27, 2018

Market Day Day 2

This morning I was awake early, which was good, as I got a mini chanson du pomme and chocolate croissant to eat with my coffee.  I saw the market setting up and after breakfast went out to wander through.  Great flowers,

interesting mushrooms
and Celery root
that is not 5 years old like in the states!   It was quite a long one, but not better than the market at the Bastille, I think.  I did purchase some meat and cheese stuffed shells and a chèvre roll
for lunch which it was about time for when I got back and settled in.  After lunch I took the metro to The Louvre and crossed the seine to have a look see at Senellier. I was early so I went down by the river, got out my paints and was sitting there painting when this Asian guy stood there watching.  It was unnerving, so I asked him if he was an artist and he said yes, and I felt morally obligated to tell him I am a beginner! 

I painted until about time to go to the store.  It was a painters wet dream and I wanted to just wander and touch, but they had the watercolors behind the shelf and I had to ask.  It was a store full of anything you could imagine artsy though.  3 levels of goodies, with theses little quickies by shoppers. 
I though about doing my Rosie but didn’t.  Then I wandered towards Boulevard St . Germain, with the intention of looking for a couple of back up glasses for my sets and a visit to Monoprix.  I brought an ancient mascara with the intention of replacing, wanted to start purchasing my goat cheese chips and have a look see at the TP.  Well the store that sold my glasses is gone.  Monoprix did not have my mascara, not the goat cheese chips!  What is a girl to do?  I will just have to find another Monoprix and look at other stores for the chips.  IT would be a bummer because I even brought a special box, to put a bag in to mail home!  I did stop for a water a and Lemon Tart at Paul.
But I did find another art store.  I found a found stamp and a goodie for Jodi. I nearly succumbed to another pallets, but resisted.  No sure how I am going to use my new grays.  But I will figure it out.  Back to chez moi to rest, tub and rinse out some sweaty undies!  It is hot outside but fairly nice in the house.  
On the way back via the metro
I saw this guy with a sign, back in the apartment I could hear the cheering, drums, sirens and all of the hoopla, I was glad I was sade and away from it.

After a brief rest I had made reservations at le Ange 20 so I headed there.  It’s funny how our memories mess with us. I would have sworn it was on the corner of Place du Vosges and I would have been wrong!  IT was another street over. I had originally thought to get off the Metro at the Bastille and sure should have followed my instinct.  Dinner was a
Peach Kir Royale, Lamb and Mushrooms,  and potatoes Dauphinoise, a glass of Rhône,
and
the carmel apple dessert I had last year.  It was honestly better last year, I.e there is shortbread under the caramelized apples, and it was soggy,  but still a yummy meal.  Back home, windows opened and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment