Friday, May 18, 2018

It’s early, at least for me.  Six AM, and I woke up pooped with a gimpy ankle.  Grr.  I broke my ankle my freshman year in college and it is an excellent weather forecasting tool. All I can say is: it’s not done raining!  I am up early because we are doing a clinical class and I have to be there early, but in addition I count it good because it is a way to begin prepping for....... Paris!  I like to get up a bit earlier and earlier every day to sort of work on resetting my time clock.  Of course work does not always cooperate and the call schedule may be tough next week, (being on call in the evening can create messed up sleeping times  if a patient shows up at 9 PM for example, which at my age take a couple of day to recover from).  BUT for today we will still count this getting up early good!  As far at that crabby ankle/leg,  my doctor started me on Voltaren and while it worked magic last weekend, I know it is not something I really want to be taking all the time,  but it will go in my carry one next week.  I mean seriously who wants to be hoofing it around PAris with a cane if there is an alternative!
All that said, this time next week, taking into account the time difference, I will be in Paris!  I have been a bit concerned about my apartment as there is all kinds of discussion on the Fordor board about the new laws and apartments, not much of it really good for someone like me who really preferres an apartment to a hotel.  SO last night I get in my e-mail to touch base with the person who owns the apartment I will rent for a week and I see a e-mail from her returning money.  I gasped, deleted a bunch of trash mail to weed out the junk and went back to that e-mail trying to understand.  Telling myself that all the “gloom and doom” was right and I had been had,  now where was I going to stay? However there was a second e-mail from Martine  and since the remainder will be in cash, she has “officially” canceled payment on the website.
I am dreaming of a glass of wine, steak tartare and frites in my favorite little place near Notre Dame, Le Flore en l’lle!   I am looking forward to cooking (and eating of course!), painting, reading, and flanneuring,   I find my plans don’t always work out, often there are pleasant surprises instead.  See you next Friday Paris!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you are going and am so looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete