Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Promenading the Plantee, Day 4

Breakfast was a new Almond thing  made out of Croissant dough, sort or roll we up in a swirl.  I am not sure how it was done but it sure was tasty. Accompanied by orange slices, cheese and ham, and the ubiquitous cup of coffee it was a great way to start the day.  If I could only get the GI distress under control, life wold be much better,  I decided to go the the Promenade Plantee which had been on my list since 2009.  It was not terribly hot, and seemed like a good idea.  I took the metro to Bastille
and went to Emmaus, the Parisian equivalent of Goodwill, but it isn’t really.  It was almost all clothing and not very interesting.  Maybe if you are into “Vintage” clothing stores it might be a hit, definitely not going to make Mom jealous!  Then I walked by my old stomping grounds and my bank is closed!  Good thing IMCU went with chips Ir I wold have been in a world of hurt. IT was a place I always knew I cold get money with the old strip ATM cards. 
Promenade Plantee is an old train track about a story above ground, that they have repulsed into a garden/walk.

It begins near the Bastille and runs all the way to the Bois du Vincennes.  It is lovely, planted with trees, flowers and all kind of shrubbery. 

I told Mom that we could live here now because I have found a way for her to support us!  She could be a shrub trimmer!  There are a lot of benches and people were eating  their lunches, there as a lovely older couple sitting together and she was having a snooze on his shoulder.  I sat and painted for quite a while, while people ran by me in the height of the day sweating.  I didn’t get that, if I were going to run it wold be in the morning or evening for Pete’s sake.
I walked back to the Bastille, came home ate the sandwich I had picked up at a local bakery and chips
that I found too my relief,
and then cleaned up, It is hot enough that cleaning up is crucial!  And decided to go to Bistro Du Henri,  A lot of restaurants are not open on Sunday or Monday’s but this one is and it is still one of my favorite places to dine. It is tiny, maybe tables for 30 at the most, there is some outside seating but it was pouring rain.  I sat beside a lovely couple from Chicago and we had a nice visit.   I had their green bean salad which is to die for, I keep thinking I am going to try it at home. 
Margaret du Canard in a honey sauce (I am thinking maybe I am going to shoot those ducks that land on our roofs, they might make for good eating?), Dauphiniose potatoes, accompanies by a St. Emillion.  I passed on dessert as I wanted something light.  I feel good for a while, and then my tummy started cramping again, it is frustrating as heck.  I don’t have time for this,  Anyway I got off the metro at Bastille and ran into the Amorino. This was all planned quite nicely as it was still pouring and it was a quick hop to Amorino form the Metro exit.  Anyway I handed the girl 4.70 Euro and she said I needed to give her another Euro, in the long of things I paid 6.70 for a 3.70 itty bitty cup of ice cream.  Now my bowels are really in an uproar and not over the Tartare!  There is not discussion here, though,  so option 1 was to stalk out leaving my $ behind or give the little sweetie who is clearly in the I can’t do math group, another 2 euro.  It tainted  the taste of my ice cream, and didn’t harm her at all. 
Regardless, got home fairly dry and listened to the sweet sound of rain coming down.



1 comment:

  1. My sister Susan loves walking the High Line in NYC, which is very similar to the Promenade Plantee. I will have to tell her about this one in Paris!
    Do they have Pepto in Paris? It almost sounds as if that is what you need. I am sorry you are having such trouble. Having to fuss about a physical ailment is like travelling with a toddler!

    ReplyDelete