Monday, May 28, 2018

Cooking with Catherine - Day 3

I did not sleep well last night, consequences to the delicious Tartare, damn it.  I think I am going to have to give it up and it makes me sad.  Anyway I woke up too late to make eight o’clock mass so I went to the corner brasserie for breakfast of a coffee and croissant
and then
on to my cooking class at Reed.  
It was a good  group, a couple from Ohio, Canada and New Jersey ( I think- I was more focused on the fact that they both spoke Spanish and hubby was multilingual!).
We made Cheese soufflés,



Margaret De Canard with Peach Chutney,  potatoes and Haricot Vert.  The special ingredient of the day was
( just look at the pad of delicious fat waiting to be rendered) duck fat. 
 
We did similar potatoes last year, but the fat was butter, the Duck fat had its own special appeal! For dessert we did profiteroles. 


Jodi watch out I think I can do eclairs now!   The class is about 6 hours long and after  cooking we ate!  On the way to Notre Dame we congregated on one side of the street waiting for this group to pass. 


I went to vespers service at Notre Dame, and lit a candle for Mallory and Meredith. (the one to the right of the red candle).
 (Being a heathen child, I have to admit at focused my prayers more on their family and their healing.  But the remembrance of these two lovely young women was there just the same. On the way back to chez moi (my house- at least for the week) , I noticed several things.  Firstly along the scene there is now exercize equipment, qu’elle horror. 
Next, before I had even had a chance to recover was this ugly sight. 
I can never understand the need to take to the streets on wheels to drink.  I wandered a bit in BHV, but arrived at the conclusion that at my age, I really have everything I need and that there is really nothing new under the sun, just what I saw 5, 10, 15 years ago. 
I hopped the metro back home to cool off, rest and work on the blog.  Maybe a bit more of my excellent painting! 

1 comment:

  1. Did you make the peach chutney as well? The meal looks really good! I wonder at the exercise equipment. Paris typically has cool, rainy weather. Not conducive to outdoor exercise equipment, I would think!
    Enjoying all your posts!

    ReplyDelete