Friday, June 1, 2018

Screwed and without a Kiss Day 6

Today I woke up went to the local bakery (I always kinds of find a place and stick with it.This one is literally half a block, if that, away) got a croissant came home and had comte  cheese, herbed ham, croissant with cherry jam, orange slices and a cup of delicious coffee.
 I have the windows open, there is a beautiful grilled window in the door (which makes me feel safe), a window above the sink and a window by the sofa, all of this together had allowed for a lovely breeze all week.  The house sits right on the sidewalk, so I can hear the singer down the street practicing, the pianist behind me practicing (never stop!) classical music, conversations as people pass by, and chatter from the Brasserie that is about 20 ft away.  After Breakfast I went to the market


where I spent a good part of my clothing allowance for the last six months,  just kidding but I did buy myself some cute little summer dresses, mostly casual, but one for wok in the fall.  I also succumbed to two cute little smocked dresses for the girls.  The  apricots were the loveliest hue of red I have ever seen and I just wanted to pick up the goat cheese display and take it home!    Then I got back to the apartment, powered my nose, and went to the art store (Le Geant Des Beaus-Arts - 166 rue de la Roquette) that the Patrick  had instructed me to go to and it was amazing I have never been to an art store this amazing we do not have anything like it at home. I wanted to just stay and look and look and look however time marches on and I had to go to my class.  I got 15% off (because Patrick gave me a form that says I am his student). though that was pretty exciting.  I was naughty here too, but I felt like an alcoholic in a liquor store!  I’ve tried some new papers and some new brushes in a couple more tubes of paint that I was admiring.  I like this part of town too, near the Volatire Metro stop.   Then it all came crashing down.  On the way to my painting class the metro police were stopping people at the Bastille exit from the Metro and I am very graciously (and self confidently I must add) handed the guard/police/cop (whatever) my metro pass and he informed me that it was an infraction and I was astounded and tried to explain that I just bought it, that have been handed back to me like this and he told me that I was cheating.  It was awful I was furious he was not being helpful and told me that I can either pay him the $35 in there on the spot or I could pay the police $100 make up my mind.  So I paid the 35 Euro.  I’m not done with this yet but I was so mad that by the time I got to my art class I was sweating, heart was pounding, and I was about in tears. When I got to art class, after explaining what happened and why I was late, things began to settle down and  I am doing washes which I wonder if it isn’t something I should’ve done to begin with. However I am doing washes


and and it’s fun and it’s also fun to watch him.  
I’m not doing anything exciting but being in the class is fun , interacting with other like minded people is fun and so it is worth it.  Back to the apartment time for a glass of wine and some of my delicious goat cheese chips and then back out to go to Le Bisto de L’Estrapade,
to the reservation I had for a restaurant where last year I had a delicious pear in Roquefort sauce however this year they did not have it but instead they had an amazing ravioli entrée
the main was veal and celery root purée



followed by chocolate lava cake a nice stroll later
and  I’m home dry
 and feeling the fresh air of a cool rain

No comments:

Post a Comment