Sunday, June 3, 2018

Painting Plein Air - Day 7

Today I had to get up and going as I had a lesson at 10:00.  That may not sound difficult but it feels that everything takes longer here.  I am not sure if life here takes more time or if I am just out of my element and so it takes ME longer. Regardless, ran to the Boulangerie with the yellow shade.
to get a croissant and have some breakfast, wash dishes and get ready before getting on the Metro to go to my last painting class.  This time I was doing cityscapes, I don’t think he found me a prize student, but it was still fun and I really enjoyed the class, Patrick and his style of teaching. 


He finally let me try a city scape of Paris, but that was rather a bit harder that I would have thought!  
Here is Patricks sample

Here is mine


After Class back to the house after a quick stop at a Boulangerie on my way back for a chicken, leek and mushroom tart, can you say YUM? 
I went to buy a box at the “Post” so that chore was done and then I decided to go to see my girlfriend.  I had not really had a good look at her yet.  I schlepped all my painting stuff and found a reasonable vantage point  from which to pint, after the afore mentioned cityscape fiasco I knew better than to try for the whole thing without a ruler!
As I painted, passerby’s were interesting.  One little girl completely with a sweet little dress and coke bottle bottom glasses came over close, commented nicely and watched me for quite a while.  A father drug his daughter over and wanted to know where I had purchased my paint supplies, so I had red the address of the store.  People would walk up, some thrown their eyes down and others smile approvingly, Bless all their hearts!
There was a slight forecast for rain and I just left praying that is would pass us by and it did! I did not one but two masterpieces!  ;)


I painted until I had a hungry headache
and went back to the house  via Bvd. Pipcus which was another street over rom the house and I wanted to have a look see. 

It is a lovely street and I was searching for food.  Finally I settled on the restaurant on the corner Marco Polo, but the signage and name was a bit misleading.  Yes, there was pasta, about 2 dishes, mostly traditional fare.  My meal of chèvre salad ( there were 6 slices of chèvre,but it was so mild and delish - and not much lettuce, had I only known). steak (He never asked how I wanted it cooked) and peppercorn sauce ( supposed to be Roquefort),
frites and more lettuce but without the chèvre ( I wished I had kept it - I had send about half back as it was just too much without more lettuce) was great but it toooooook.  Threeeeeeee LOOOOOONNNNG hours to eat a three course meal.  I was over it by the end.  Dessert was some concoction on the menu that at least had some berry sorbet that was good for a few bites, I really was over this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment