Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Misty. - Day 8

Last days are hard for me, What if this is my lat time in Paris, what is the one thing I still want to do, my mind whips back and forth and I nearly lose track of the actual day First tings first, box to the post and a trip for a croissant, well another rolled up almonds thingy, not sure what they are called, but they are delish!
Then, with gray skies threatening more rain, I decided it just had to be the Medici Fountain in Luxembourg gardens, so off I went to the Cluny Sorbonne Metro Stop and meandering down Boulevard St. Michel. 
Licking the windows (French slang for window shopping) until I got to an area where not one but 2 eating establishments were closed!  That sort of bummed me out, and then I wondered if I could open the cuter of the two and make a go of it?  Nah probably not, but still.......
I fiddled and fiddled trying to figure out perspective and how to manage what I wanted to accomplish.  I think one problem I have is that I dan not drew a worth a darn! Anyway, the rain held off, and I painted agin, this one took much longer, but then the subject is somewhat detailed too.

  
After I got hungry and decided ( serendipitously) to the west side of the garden, where I usually do not depart.  I was glad when I ran across an art exhibition open to the public,

and glider still when I saw a new Angelina attached to the back of the Chateau!
I decided to splurge and do Tea.  They were our of mini pastries so I had to settle for 4 macaron, darn! 

It was a cool day, I was a bit underdressed and the  hot chocolate was as amazing as ever and wonderfully warm!  THe sandwiches were a twist of a croque Monsieur, salmon and cream cheese and a croissant filled with a cream cheesy - chivey stuff.  Wonderful, and the macarons were tasty too, though I took 2 home with me for tomorrow.
I meandered to St Sublice, lit a candle for M&M and rendered more prayers for their family.  

I headed back to the house via Notre Dame,
settled down a bit and headed back to the 6th ( virtually where. I had just been). I hope dinner was to be at the Bistro d’ Henri, but he had no place for me.  I was crushed.  :(    I was sent around the corner to his sister restaurant Le Machon d’Henri, I was not going to go, but I was simply pulled in!  I am glad I allowed that pull to get the best of me!  I was seated and soon a couple sat next to me.  They were delightful dinner companions.  They are from Toronto, she is an artist, he a MD so we had a great interesting dinner, sharing our art, she encouraging me to paint and sell cards, talking medicine.......  I do remember what I ate, a goat cheese salad, Dick Breast of course and I have to say the honey sauce was even more delicious here, mashed potatoes ( my only disappointment ). I was stuffed so no dessert. 
I wandered back towards the Siene, in a fine drizzle,  to bid my girlfriend adieu.  One think I noticed is that I did even more wandering without a map and without fear of getting lost. 
That doesn’t mean I always knew exactly where I was, but it means that I know Paris well enough to not worry about needing to get out the phone, ask directions of get a map to get where I wanted to go or to get home.  Not many people on Pont Neuf, 

I found a spot and considered a quickie and going home, but the rain had stopped and it was 9:40, only 20 minutes until she would wink at me! 

While I waited I put this in my phone:  “I am standing here on pint neuf waiting for my other girlfriend to wink at me.  It’s 9:50 misty, (Kind of like I am feeling right now) slightly breezy,  and the skyline is all grays.  I am always so sad do my last day to come,  just like you can’t pick the people you love I have not been able to not love this city,  metro guards,  steps and slow waiters aside. I love this city! “

Au Revoir mon autre amour!

No comments:

Post a Comment