Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tuesday: The Garrett


I got up this morning, got dressed and woke up  Jodi only to hear, “ I think I am going to skip breakfast”.  This surprised me less than her telling me last night that she thought she would go to breafast.  So,  down I went to a awesome breafast of Cafe au Lait, freshly squeezed OJ, Croissant, swiss cheese and yogurt.  The dining room was quaint and the people friendly, at least untill check out time.  I am pretty sure that I already paid for this room, I remember seeing it on my credit card bill.  But we went around and around, for her to ask me if I had the bill with me.  Seriously, carry my bills around with me?  So I paid promising that assuming I could prove it, I would be contacting for a refund.  When I left to get a cab I left Jodi with the key and had told the lady that Jodi had it, as we got in the cab she came running, because she had not gone to get it from Jodi as I thought she was going to do.  Needless to say by now she is pretty disgusted with us!  



But back to Breakfast.  I  read for a while, fininshing the only book I brought, then a couple form Canada sat down beside me and before long we were chatting.  They were a lovely interesting couple and te talked for a long while.  So all in all it was a plesant morning.  Our apartment is near the Bon Marche and the associated Grande Epicerie.




It is a cute little studio with a view of the about the top half of the Eiffel Tower, however, there is construciton right across the street and at 0800 it is LOUD.  IT goes all day, until, we are not sure when.    

No comments:

Post a Comment