Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Sunshine and Rainbows left in Niagara

The Sun greeted us today!

Breakfast started with apple crisp,

 followed by poached eggs on Canadian bacon accompanied with ricotta pancakes.
 Delish!  I think, maybe these were the best breakfasts at a B&B ever!  

We got all of our stuff in the car and went back to Goat Island for a temporary farewell to the falls.  
There were rainbows, and for a while a double rainbow tried to happen, but it never quite made it.



Jodi suggested the money people throw in the falls makes the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. 
Later, I was sitting knitting when a lady came up and started talking to me.  We were chatting when another woman walked toward us pointing and laughing, saying your hair is standing on end, and just laughing.  I said I am sorry to tell you this but your hair is standing on end too!  We all had a good laugh!

We headed to the rainbow bridge with the aid of Siri, following her instructions implicitly we ended the wrong way on a one way street!  Well, sort of, it was a divided street so we had to do a quick u-turn to get going the right way to make another u-turn.  
Anyway we sat in line at the border for about 30 minutes,  the guy at the border did not have much of a sense of humor, he asked if we had any weapons,
I said "no", 
"no guns?", 
I said "no", 
"any mace?"
 I said "no", 
"Tazers?"
 I said "no", 
he said "any other weapons?", and I held up my hands in a classic Jodi  Tae Kwan Do pose, and he didn't even crack a smile then.  What a life he must lead.
The drive to Toronto included a stop in a little lake side town where we found a Creperie and we dined.


 Jodi had squash soup, with was o.k. 

And a Swiss cheeses creep,
 I had one called Montmartre  , which had arugula, mushrooms, walnuts, Swiss cheese and a blue cheese sauce on top.  It was perfectly paired, with just the right amount of blue cheese!
We shared a Nutella and Banana. After we ordered I ran to a knit just across the street, that I had noticed, but there was only one yarn that grabbed my attention and then there was only one skein of that particular yarn.  The creperie was a cute little place
We stopped and got some Canadian dollars.


The rest of the drive to Toronto was fairly uneventful until we hit the city, this place stinks to drive in.  $54/day for valet parking or $18/day for public parking,   Seemed like a ot brained,but getting our stuff to the car may be a challenge.
 I will be nervous about getting out of here and out of Toronnto.

No comments:

Post a Comment