Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Leaving Behind Something of Us.

Today Jodi got up with me and had breakfast so we could get an early start.  We had yogurt and fruit, Belgian waffles with blueberries and peaches, topped with whippped cream.
We had the pleasure of another guest, Rajid, and it was very interesting to talk with he and Elisabeth about North American Politics.  It is amazing how much we think we know about Canada and how little we probably do.   Regardless, we Judaeo-Christian US Citizens have much to learn from our neighbors to the north about how to really treat our fellow man.  Apparently it is not perfect, but the system here sounds much more like what Jesus taught than what we do in the USA.  Rajid is hopeful for American politics, maybe we should be too. Off we went to scope out the lake region,  Bracebridge, Rousseau, and Gravenhurst.  Bacebridge is a cute little town, with no apparent knit shops, and a pitiful falls that it took us forever to find.
 Jodi wasn't ready to have lunch yet so I decided to try to find Muskoka falls which got some time in my research.  But it too seemed pretty pitiful, so, on to Rosseau, which is a lovely lake, and a TINY town.  But there was a bar and grill called the CrossRoad Cafe that had lovely views and good food.

Jodi and I shared a special the day, sliced pork, Brie, tomato and mustard,
we upgraded the fried to sweet potato fries accompanied by spicey aoli and they were Perfect!  The whole meal was good, at least I thought so.

After lunch we walked out on the docks by the lake, it was pretty nice.

We decided to head on and follow around the tertiary roads and see what there was to see.  Off we went, the scenery was lovely.  All week Jodi had been noticing these piles of stones on the top of stone ridges, we asked Elisabeth about them.  She said that the government frowned on them but people out on the roads who make  them, do it in tribute to something, someone.
Jodi wanted a pic of one so I stopped,  she had said she wanted to make one, but I thought she was kidding.  I should have known better.    She gets back in the car and shows me photos of the one we stopped for and one she made for us!
We turned around to go back and see it, stopped at the side of the road and she ran across for me to take a picture.

She is standing there waving, I am taking pictures and all of a sudden she is down in the ditch  and I hear "oh, shit",  and all I see is her head peering over the edge of the ditch.
At least she is talking.
ON down the road we moseyed and stumbled across this teak furniture store
which had these cool animals out front!





I wanted some coffee and started having flashbacks to that cranberry butter tart and thought why not, so we set Siri for Bala, arrived and the darned bakery was closed!   On we went, now I really want some coffee and a goodie and  we arrived in Gravenhurst, and here is a coffee shop, we stop, get out and the place is closed , so we went into a Boston Pizza for coffee.

The view was incredible though.
 Eventually we headed back to Barrie for supper at Chavos.  You guessed it, I wanted another Crepe, this time I Had a Monte Christo
and Jodi had a Vegetarien.

 Both were delish!  I got tickeled at the "Normal is weird" sign at the Flying Monkey Brewery!
Back at the B&B we decided to try a bottle of the wine we bought last night, from  Pellham just in case we want to stop by on out way to Niagara on the lake tomorrow.  WE probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment