Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Getting Smarter

I grumbled last night, looking at my schedule for today.  I said, "I would have never signed up for that", thinking that I would just squat in another lecture.  
The morning dawned, coffee perked (There is a  Keurig in the room), and hair was fixed.  The continental breakfast here leaves something to be desired! The croissant was defiantly not worth the calories, three days ago.  My friend Jennifer, saved me though, she went for tea and picked up a piece of poppy seed bread.  MUCH better.  
The Keynote speaker was awesome, funny, relevant and interesting,
and guess what, he was my first block session too.
Lunch was some Chinese from a takeout in the underworld here below the hotel, actually below the city. Apparently there are miles of tunnels/walkways underground.  Anyway the Chinese was accompanied by the Member meeting which was woefully under attended.  Out of 800 attendees there were MAYBE 50 people present.  My afternoon session was o.k. Not all that useful.  But nothing else looked any better.  Jennifer, Val, Jodi and I went to a Italian restaurant called Scaddabush.

Jodi had cheese. Bread and a salad (of which I had bites) and I had Butternut Squash Ravioli in a cream sauce, with walnuts and fried sage.
It was very good.  It had gotten VERY cold here,I hope it warms up just a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment