Monday, October 16, 2017

Good Clean Cold Fun

This morning dawned without the sun for a bit, but it dawned cold. Breakfast started with yogurt, fresh fruit and granola, coffee and was followed by blueberry pancakes with peaches, and sausage.  
I couldn't eat it all, but it was delicious!  I started a new book and read for a while until Jodi got up.  We decided, since it was so cold, we would do laundry.  So off we set and about an hour and 2 socks later we were done, where do they go?  Then we started looking for lunch choices and Jodi found an awesome Creperie called Chavo.

 

I had a goat cheese, pear, walnut and honey crepe,
and Jodi had a mozzarella  and  cheddar crepe.  
The flavors of my crepe were AMAZING!    We shared a Nutella and Banana Crepe,
I liked this one better and Jodi liked the one the other day better. I had ferreted out (so I thought) 5 knit shops in Barrie and we started looking, the first one was supposed to be near the creperie, however it was not there.  So on to the next one, and it was not their, and then on to the next one and it was a quilting shop.
However, she directed me to the True North Yarn Shop  and it was pretty fun.  I found a pattern and some great yarn to make Ghianna a Fish Tail, but I think am going to have to bug my friend Laura!  On we went to the next one,but we never found any more and gave up.  Jodi wanted to walk on the waterfront, it was bracingly cold, but she loaned me her vest to wear over my coat and she had brought gloves, which I forgot to bring!  There were amazing outdoor sculptures,
one looked like a fish bone that moved with the wind,


another was a Dream Catcher, and it was amazing.  We walked along the shore and there was an adult entertainment center,
it had this glider/walking thing that was so fun.

 I think we need one in my little town!  At the end of the walkway were theses great rocks, Momma were you here first?
We drove as close to the shore as we could, but it was on and off again.  We encountered a small park along the lake and Jodi wanted to swing.  So we got out and stated swinging.





I had forgotten how much work it takes to swing.  Jodi started pushing me and it went much better It turned out to be terribly fun!  She also wanted to do the teeter-totter thingy, but I had flashbacks to cantering the horse last year!
We decided to munch on Red Velvet cupcakes Elisabeth had for us and went to the store for something to go with.  I found milk, but Jodi had not yet found any Tab here.  IN the grocery store it occurred to me that the Canadians have the bathroom thing figured  out.
Buying wine here is a bit trickey, and while we wanted a bottle of wine, we were unable to accomplish that as the LCBO was closed. Home to watch a movie and unwind. We got home and Elisabeth had great news, we get to ride tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment