Saturday, October 14, 2017

Cultural Humanity

Yesterday had it's challenges, I will leave it at that.  
Today was rather anticlimactic.  There was a fairly good cultural competency lecture this morning accompanied by a "Continental" breakfast.  
The Maple tea was good, though my friend Jennifer said that the hotel was phasing it out.  What a pity the highlights of the hotel were the tea and Rose scented bathroom supplies.
I went to a lecture by Dr Patricia Speck on swabbing which left me with much to consider and lastly one on recruitment and retention.
 Then we left.
Getting the car was relatively easy and we decided to stop for a late lunch at the first little town we found after leaving Tornoto.  I was fairly happy to brush the dust of Toronto off of my feet, so that was agreeable.  But there really weren't any and we arrived in Barrie with me feeling HANGRY!  We arrived in Barrie and found the B & B and between HANGRY and the state of the neighborhood I was about in tears for the second time in 24 hours.  Jodi suggested that we find some food, and that maybe things would look  better 
We drove down to the lake that I though we were near and through town , and Jodi spied a restaurant named Zios by Giancarlo.  To my starving eyes, everything looked fabulous!
I settled on Lasagna

and Jodi ordered Manacotti.
 IT was delish, the price was right and it is a charming local place.
Back to the B&B, we  parked  and entered with the code we were e-mailed, and scoped out the accommodations.  The inside is MUCH better than the neighborhood let us to believe it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment