Saturday, September 14, 2024

Fri 13

 Dinner my first night was at Brasserie Rosie. I have an affection for roses, Rosie’s, and pink, and this little brasserie is sweet little find near the Bastille.  I had upgraded steak with bernaise sauce, frites and a glass of wine.



Of course there was the ubiquitous bread.  It took me a while to figure out what happened with the steak because while it was good, it had a different flavor.  I’m pretty sure upon reflection,  it occurred to me about halfway home, it was probably cooked in the same pan that they had seared fois gras.  That’s OK with me because I love fois gras, but it was just bugging me.  



 Today I got up, ran to the local boulangerie for a pain au chocolaté and croissant, minis of course to afford the calories!  Had a quick breakfast of that lovely bread and a cup of coffee and did about an hour of French. Yep, I brought my book with me.  Then it was time to head towards Place Voltaire and eventually to the restaurant I had chosen for lunch. I have always loved the sensation of the metro, people going places, the vibe.  


But as I have aged and this and that does not work as well,  I have compromised (at Jodi’s behest) and last year Claire and I learned to use the bus.  It is slower and a different crowd.  However, it allows me to get around without denying myself of Paris.

  Regardless Le Servan: I had made a reservation  and showed up proudly indicating that but alas the reservation was for Monday.  Paris is always humbling and educational! I could sit at the bar, which is defiantly not my fav.  I considered just returning on Monday but I had a plan and didn’t want to disturb it.  So I stayed, perched on the stool and had my third round of Le Servan ravioli.  


It is always delish and this time was no exception. The ravioli was filled with pork and shrimp and a divine sauce. They were a little teeny pieces of raw shrimp, floating in my sauce, which I would’ve never chosen, but were interestingly, quite good. This sauce had a little bit of a kick to it definitely would do it again. the waitress was a bit surprised that’s all I ordered, but I was saving myself for dinner and didn’t want to overdo it. Paying, not very gracefully getting my stuff together and visiting the Loo, I exited Le Servan onto the next adventure. I had to laugh I knew I was close but the last couple of times I have been here I really took along way to get there…Next time……


Le Gennat des Beaux arts was having a Friday the 13 sale and I was hyped.But alas I only  bought a brush for one of my students and some watercolor paper as I did not pack any. It is a brand I can’t get at home so there is that..

I stopped at a tiny local park for a rest and just took in the sounds,   I may not be smelling the Roses but I am enjoying my other senses…


Back to the house for a rest and an eventual nap before I had to leave for
The adventure of finding my way to one of my favorite restaurants here.  
Back side of St.Suplice of the Dan Brown book the DaVinci Code

Lights and flowers this year!


Bistrot d’Henri

When at home I  dream of the duck breast in honey sauce accompanied by au gratin potatoes and they did not disappoint,



after an entree of fois gras which reminded me of angel wings.

A glass of Côtes du Rhône and I was good to go, well almost.  I had a visit with a mother and daughter sitting beside me so had a coffee and pear & 
apple claflouti, at least part of it.  I was stuffed but had a bit of a walk to catch the bus back to the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment