Tuesday, September 24, 2024

A Rainy day in Paris Town



 The agenda for this morning was to eat that quiche and a cup of coffee and some juice and get going and get my box.  I was a little on the fence about it but I don’t really know that I want to deal with baggage overage so I went ahead and went and got it they didn’t have any baguette stamps but show me where I can get some so I’m pretty excited because that’s on my agenda for tomorrow. The quiche was delicious is that sweet young man said.  



I had a little bit of a baguette with some jam and my coffee is just awesome here. I came back put some stuff in the box I still have room,  then headed over towards Pere LaChaise to meet Dr. Todd and Jennifer.   On the way I was sitting at the bus stop knitting and this lady came over sat down beside me and started talking to me. It was clear she was deaf so it was very interesting with my limited French,  try to have a lip reading conversation with her but we managed between lipreading and using our hands to communicate:  that we both like to knit, crochet, and embroider. But that she has trouble doing it because of arthritis in her hand. I had to laugh it’s I’ve always wondered if I have “talk to me” tattooed on my forehead.  I got there pretty early so I had a cup of coffee while I sat and waited.  We were going to meet there go through the cemetery some and have lunch.   






I haven’t been to the cemetery in a while and I was really a fish out of water. But we finally found Jim Morrison‘s grave which Dr. Todd wanted to see and we found Heloise and Abelards grave,  




there were some others that I know I’ve seen in there ( Chopin, Lalique, Noir and Piaf,  to name a few) and I sure couldn’t find them. We went back place I had coffee and had lunch.  I had a croque monsieur and it was certainly an interesting twist



 it had pickled onion on it which we had had in Qurrante and I loved it, it was delicious. And they had Sancerre so I broke my rule by drinking midday and had a glass of wine too.

I came back to the house rested for just a little bit and got on my way to try to go to G Detou to buy some vanilla beans and a couple other things I wanted. I did get there but I took the circuitous route.  It was raining, and I went to Chatelet, which I hate, and wandered around a bit in what is a big shopping mall of sorts where the food market of Paris used to be.  I got out of there and was totally disoriented and wandered in the wrong direction and ended up by the Pompidou center.  




(I did not, I repeat, I did not buy one)

Can you say 16000 steps today? I walked by this place, to find out later it is called Place Saint Opportune.   




I finally found shelter, got out my phone and took a but to where I needed to go and got the goods. Vanilla beans and some honey mustard (Martine gave me some last year and I loved it.) and a surprise for Jodi.  I wandered to Sanmartine, 



it is just not what it used to be.  It is another version of the Grand Magazines (big stores like Galeries Lafayette or Printemps)  without the spirit it used to have.  I walked cross Pont Neuf  admiring my GF from afar, by the Tour Des Nesle, up Rue Dauphine and the across Rue de Buci to the restaurant’s, my last night for old Henris.  I stopped at Citypharma, what a gig they have going on, it is always packed.  But found what I was looking for and then went to dinner.  At Bistrot d’Henri, I could not resist Duck with honey sauce and au gratin potatoes one last time.  I took the bus home as my feet were hot happy, it had quit raining and was pleasant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment