Thursday, September 26, 2024

Paris is SOBBING over my departure!



I was sick all night long so I got up kind of slowly this morning and got myself dressed and about 10 o’clock. Martine came. She brought me a lovely scarf with a map of Paris on it and an approach to hold it and she was appreciative of the goodies that I brought her. We chatted for about an hour and a half in the mixture of French and English. She’s taking English classes, incidentally, we found out that we both like to paint she paints china, it was really fun to visit with her.

After she left, I took the box to the post office and boy am I glad it did because it started pouring after I got home. I decided I felt OK enough to try and my Kougan Aman that I had purchased yesterday and that went well.

I subsequently took myself off to the fifth via the bus, but it was pouring and not very pleasant. I find items I needed and I could not resist one last shot at Amorino. 



I went back home around for a bit then went to dinner. On the way to dinner the sun came out.  



 Dinner seemed to have gone OK too. ( at least for me, the couple beside me were German and they were fighting! ) I had to have fois gras one last time and it tasted good.  

And I am now relaxing with a glass of Cremant, Martine is from Burgundy and you can only be champagne if you’re from Champagne so in Burgundy, they call their fizzy wine Cremant. 




No comments:

Post a Comment