Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Two Turtles Diving

We went into Savannah after a leisurely morning.


On the way we decided to remember where the lighthouse is, and Jodi spied 2 Turtles sunning  them selves, but when she tried to get a good pic she scared them away.  My photographer left her camera at home!  

We did see many lovely egrets posing JUST FOR US!

Finding parking in Savannah is a nightmare every time, I had hoped since we were sort of “”off Season” it might be easier, but,  no.  We did find meter parking at last in a little side street and off we went to Goose Feathers a place I wanted to try only to find it closed on Monday and Tuesdays!   So off we went to choice #2, Le Gourmet Cafe. 


 It was pretty good though,  after we finally found it. I had Potato Leek soup (mine is better) and a sandwich called a Gourmet Croque which was Turkey, Mozzarella, cheddar and sour cream on a toasted baguette. 

  It was good. AND a pear Crepe, which was delish! 

 It had pears, Brie, brown sugar and walnuts. Boy was it a lot to eat though, I probably could have had just the crepe and been good to go.  Jodi had a egg and cheese baguette and a Nutella and Banana crepe.  

I was not sure weather to laugh or cry though as they charge 4% more for using a credit card, but they are ALL set up to do it.  

We meandered down (up?) Broughton St. to Dick Blicks to have a gander, but I think they are just expensive.  I say that because SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) is right across the street and they only have (for example) small size watercolor tubes and at not very good prices to begin with.  

So a student needing to come in and purchase art supplies is going to get stiffed. I did fine a couple of short handled brushed that I have needed this week to add to my “travel” collection.  Jodi patiently sat and read while I perused the store (s).  

Other than the art supplies we didn’t really find anything we wanted or needed.  We did find that the Parisian craze of floral coverings is headed here.  

We sat in one of the myriad of small parks and loitered a while, people watching, reading, checking out e-mail.  

AND checking out these shoes!  We did not go into the prohibition museum, felt that it would be a bit hypocritical in light of my intention to have wine on the beach later!  

We (I don’’t like the water here- go figure I am NOT a water snob) found a Walmart, I was worried that I wans’t dressed adequately but Jodi said I could just take off my dress and wear my slip in and maybe I wold pass.  We bought some drinks, and got gas $2.89/gal, and headed back to Tybee.  On the way back we saw this Jeep all decked out for the season, we thought the boys would like it.


We wanted to watch the sunset and we were just on time. 

 So were the wee little biting gnats, they were thick, and horrid, it was better away from the rocks, but still they were stinkers, I wonder how many I drank along with my wine. Which, is obligatory at the beach at sunset.




 It was lovevly however, lots of pink tones on the bottom of the clouds.





There was something going on at this 3 story house right on the corner, filming of some sort movie. Jodi posited that Bette Middler and Susan Sarandon (we had positive ID on the Stars, Jodi made up the movie title)  were filming The Revenge of the Killer Gnats.  It sounded likely to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment