Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Paris (drumroll) Kentucky

 How does one get their hearts delight in the time of COVID?  Well, go to Kentucky.

We had reservations to do a revisit to Tybee Island, but the Covid rate in Georgia and Chatham County, specifically, is (was) ugly.  After much discussion we decided to do a staycation and maybe do day trips or overnighters.  But Jodi was ready for a stay away.  I threw out St Louis (no, their rate is not good),  Michigan (noooo), How about Paris?  

She: “What, we cant go there.”

Me: “Sure we can.”

She:  Questioning look

ME (smugly) “Sure we can, Paris Kentucky!  We could visit Turnip.”

So then it was agreed and the hard part began, because we left it for the last minute.  Nothing interesting near my bestie was open, so I turned to Paris in earnest.  We visited Lexington a few years ago and  had traveled through to Cane Ridge KY to see where the Disciples of Christ began, as least in the US.  There were a few options in Lexington, but my intent was to steal clear of density, so Paris it was!

I choose a B&B called Art on High.  




It is 2 rooms ( again density) on the upper level of a old house, with a art studio on the main level.  It was an interesting arrival, and our stay has certainly been more VRBOish than B&Bish, but it is good.  We have (I think during the first part of our stay we are the only ones here)  pretty much the run of the place.  As usual Jodi sleeps in and I figure out breakfast, no croissants here though, but so far again it is good.  Yesterdays  AM was a white chocolate-raspberry scone ( yoghurt and berries optional)  and Today was a egg in a muffin cup type thing with a bit of ham, and red and green peppers accompanied with potatoes, OJ and coffee.  

Yesterday when we got going we agreed to go to the closest park, forrest..... So we went to Daniel Boone National Forrest and dined on Ham and Swiss on Brioche and munched on junk food.  




IT was lovely, overcast as we began our sojourn but it cleared up and the sun was dazzling on the water.


 I started a Christmas present in watercolor and then moved to a Pansy Watercolor for my moms neighbor.  I got it done, not happy with one of the pansies, but it is done, though not signed.  Needless to say I expect her to frame it and place it in a location of prominence!  We read, chatted, loitered and then left about 6PM, as I HATE eating late and then going to bed early, which is what we ended up doing anyway.  Grr.  

BUT we dined on the best pizza I think I have has since our last night in Milano.  There is a little place here on the main drag called Noah's Brick house Pizza.  I was not sure the would let us do half and half, but they did and it was delish!   We watched some TV and went to bed.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment