Saturday, October 24, 2020

Last Day, again

 Last day, again

Yesterday I got up, had breakfast and off we went to meander through what shops are here.  I was able to be fairly well behaved, though there was this one perfume bottle I am still pondering...........





We dined alfresco at Lil’s and it was delish,  though the corn chowder had bacon in it.  SO, I got all of Jodi’s bacon too! 


 I had artichoke, spinach and mushroom quiche and Jodi had an egg salad sandwich.  I had to laugh as there were Biden or Trump iced Sugar cookies for sale.

  Only one Trump cookie left, which made me wonder do people buy them in support of their man or to just chew him up and spit him out?  We bought cocoanut crime pie for dinner.

We decided to pack it up and went out to Cane Ridge.  


We had been there before but not seen the original building and there is interesting history there in regards to our church, THE church and slavery at least in Kentucky.  The original structure has had a new protective shell built around it and both are amazing to behold.  The Curator was very present and that was nice as we did have questions,  we hung out for a while in the Shelter house attached and I painted and Jodi read, it was a pleasant interlude.

  Until Jodi suggested that we pack it up, i did and boy was I glad as my painting would not have fared well with that rain that began almost as soon as we got in the car.   

We came back, it is about a 30 Minute drive and the rain did not last long  and the sun was shinning thought the clouds.  We dined on the tiny bit of ham, & cheese left, wine (at least me) , a couple of crackers that accompanied our soup at lunch and that PIE!  We really liked this place, but next time, if we ever stay here agin I will request a in person in service on the heating function of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment