Thursday, October 22, 2020

Old Friends and the Bridge we did not see.

Yesterday after dining we left for Teri and Sal’s place.  

The entry of foyer of this place is lined with clear leaded glass and the prism effect was in full swing with the sun shining in.  Jodi was lit up like a Christmas Tree! 


 IT was lovely.

The drive was beautiful and fairly easy when compared to the day before.  They live on a long windy one lane road that ends in a gravel road.  It is in the middle of nowhere though I had to laugh as there is plenty of noise from the wild life and the chickens that they have.  We were greated by Griz who is MUCH bigger than I imagined him to be.  



He is an Giant Alaskan malamute, brown and  shades of tan and BIG!  But the saving grace is that for the most part nicely behaved, though more to come on that.

They live in an apartment in a huge building that was/is meant to be a wellness center.  Teri has decorated the apartment with her unique style and I could have arrived blindfolded and known that I was in her place.  After all these years of friendship that is comforting!

We had a look around the farm, lots of garden area to plant, tend and harvest!  

And the chickens.  I don’t know why , but I LOVE chickens.  I am really grateful for my home and love my little nest, but I do wish I could have chickens. 



 Anyway she looked for eggs, there were 2 and she added them to my stash.  I also LOVE fresh eggs!  I wonder at the gift of beauty of in some of the simplest things, they just bring me joy.  And one of her girls lays PINK eggs, they are a lovely soft pink.  Teri send me a photo of her eggs a couple of weeks ago and it made me wonder if our Easter Egg tradition came from trying to mimic God’s beauty in the color of eggs.  We are so used to white store bought eggs here that brown, pink even some for the greens and blues are foreign to us.  And aren’t eggs like people, we are so much richer for the diversity they bring but still a yolk and white inside, though sometimes that yolk is richer too.  

Anyway I got a lovely photo of Turnip  in her Turnip patch as we wandered around.  

As Teri - Turney was preparing lunch i remembered that she had let the chickens out to wander and i went to look for them,


Griz was tied up to the porch drowsing in the shade and the chickens were in the front of the house pecking and clucking around with an occasional doodle from the General ( rooster). 



 I went in side and told Teri that I had been worried about them, but they were good and that Griz was being SO good and, she said ( a bit alarmed) he is just waiting to pounce, move them away! So, back out I went and as I approached Griz attacked, fortunately no feathers (nor birds) seemed to have been lost but he sure had me fooled!

We enjoyed a  lovely lunch and then went to Natural Bridge and took a gondola up to the bridge.  I had to laugh as back in the day Sal would have made us walk up, but we got to take the easy way up.  Jodi was a trooper as she is not so much in love with the height thing. 


 It was lovely though all the trees are beginning to blush and it was a nice warm day.  SO pleasant.  We took chairs and Water color kits and had a lovely time trying to capture what we saw. 


 Teri is much more the natural artist than i though! The trip home was easy, but there is just no food to be had unless you want to shop and dine on gas tation fare.  I had purchased some HoneyCrips apples and BARE baked crunch cocoanut chips and that was dinner!  

Breakfast this morning was not photo worthy (yesterdays photo taken with the I-Pad was blurry), but it was a Zuchinni muffin and coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment