Monday, September 25, 2017

IND to ORD to SFO

Parking, airport and re yak car went fairly smoothly.  Off we were u til, rather soon,  we sat in what we all believe about California highway parking g lots.  People drive crazy here worse than an Italian and French man rolled into one!  

At last we got off the parking lot/freeway and Ibaean to recognize street names, and then I began t o recognize loaves!  I discouraged Vinasa but they wanted to go so,
we stopped, it is a lovely venue, but I did not remember the wine being all that good.  
BUT I was to be surprised.  They have wood oven pizzas and I chatted in Spaniseh with the guy behind the counter and he recommended a Snagiovese and it was Devine, perfectly smooth! (Viansa.com).  We were hungry and so Cathy and I shared a Sausage pizza and it was very good!  

Next we ran onto Cline VIneyard and we stopped there too and did a tasting,I bough a bottle for later.   BUt The wines they currently had did not beat the Snagiovvese. 
Across the street was the Olive Press and it was a fun change of pace to visit there too.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
We decided to get to St Fancis Viineyard,,but we got there just as it closed!  But we boldly had a gander before leaving. 

It about killed me, as they have some good wines,but one can't argue with being closed.
We drove on to Ledford ,
But they were closed too.
So we moseyed on to Healdsburg,and then took the freeway back to the Doubletree Marina where we had rather a goat rodeo about our rooms, but finally sort of got it arranged.  Michelle and I took the car to the Oaklland Airport, and I 80 was STILL a parkin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

No comments:

Post a Comment