Monday, September 25, 2017

Going,Going, Gone



I swear one should just go back to bed when there is a morning coffee failure.  I got up this morning, made coffee in the little coffee pot in my room and eew!  So I got ready and went down to the conference,

 no breakfast there, so I bought an almond croissant and it was pretty, well,nothing.

At lunch I hear the door of my oppportunity to do a fabulous meal  at Chez Panisse slamming shut.  

Monday, September 25 $75

Cannard Farm tomato salad with roasted pepper and eggplant caponata,

hand-stretched mozzarella, and mint

Poulet à la broche aux girolles: Spit-roasted Riverdog chicken

with creamy chanterelle mushroom sauce,hand-cut herb noodles,

green beans, and wild rocket salad

Belle de Boskoop apple and quince galette with raspberry ice cream.  Sounds like an orgasm waiting to happen to me!


Our conference goes until 7 and the only reservation available is 6:00PM.  I thought a dream was going to come through but my colleagues want to be good little girls and  stay at the conference hosted reception (which will turn out to be cheese, fruit and you buy it wine and beer, a glad of after was $5.00 so the cheese did not slide down very well.) I pray it is good as it is going to take a lot Photography tips to trump Alice Waters reputedly wonderful  meals.

Brie and cherries and uninteresting wine at $9.00/glass. That was my trade off.  



We ended up at a restaurant with a beautiful view called Skates. MY special of the day was scallops and they were delicious.  

The bread pudding we shared for dessert.... Well let's just say,mine is better. 





    And all manner of things shall 

         be well.".     

                   Julian of Norwich


Sent from my iPhone

"And all shall be well,
  And all shall be well, 
    And all manner of things shall 
         be well.".     
                   Julian of Norwich

No comments:

Post a Comment