Sunday, July 19, 2009

Little Acts of Kindness






I pulled over, put on my flashers and grabbed my camera to catch a quick photo of this ducky family.  The little stinkers did not maintain their perfect little trail across the street and by the time I go to them they were already in the grass.  There is something about that little trail of ducklings following their momma that always catches my heart.  I got my photos, returned to my car and as I was putting on my seat belt to leave, when a kind woman stopped to ask if I was o.k.  My heart was touched twice on my way to work that morning!

I spent another lovely day yesterday cooking for dinner guests.  We started with a toasted goat cheese, pear and walnut salad.  The salad was followed by chicken with a lemon caper sauce, mashed celery & potatoes, and steamed broccoli.  For dessert I made Crème Brule with raspberries, and my guests brought what they called “ cherry cake” which is a glorified Clafouti, AND they brought real whipped cream.  Seriously, does life get any better than two desserts?  They don’t drink and rather than flowers or bottle of wine, they brought a more precious gift. vegetables from the garden!  I can’t wait to see what delectable delights I can create with them!

 

clafoutis |klaˈfoōtē|

noun ( pl. same)

a tart made of fruit, typically cherries, baked in a sweet batter.

ORIGIN French, from dialect clafir ‘to stuff.’

American Oxford Dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment